Financial Institutions Group - Investment Banker
Are you a leader in innovation? Do you know how to come up with creative ideas for clients? We're looking for someone like that who can:
– create partnerships by increasing depth and breadth of existing client relationships
– increase the returns of products and services
– generate new ideas and creative approaches that push the business forward
– manage a team and plan overall resource requirements, by recruiting, developing and retaining talented individuals
– make sound and balanced judgments (and always within professional, ethical, regulatory and legal standards)
– motivate and inspire others by providing a vision of shared goals
As a Director in New York City, you will be working in the Financial Institutions Group focusing on Insurance. You will develop creative ideas and solutions to client needs and identify cross-product opportunities. Individuals have team management responsibility and are responsible for planning overall resource requirements, by recruiting, developing and retaining talented individuals. Investment Bankers demonstrate understanding of professional, ethical, regulatory and legal standards.
Key Responsibilities & Deliverables:
– Seek to understand client's needs, provide solutions and maintain relationships.
– Consider market drivers; work to increase the returns of current and future products and services.
– Work to create partnerships by increasing depth and breadth of existing client relationships.
– Evaluate risk - use relevant information to make sound and balanced judgments.
– Great communicator - Deliver high level messages effectively and convincingly.
Your experience and skills
Directors act as recognized experts in their area and usually work on multiple products and/or processes of medium to high complexity. They may be involved in coordinating activities, eventually of strategic nature that go beyond their own area. They coach colleagues, demonstrating excellence in their professional area. They identify cross-functional opportunities, contributing to the acceptance of change in the wider organization. Autonomy: Directors usually operate autonomously and are role models to others. Organizational impact: Directors contribute to the achievement of financial results and secure cost and efficiency savings as well as help protect the bank's reputation. They actively initiate actions in changing the bank's processes and procedures that are beyond their own unit.
– a Bachelor's degree in business administration, economics or finance
– several years of experience in a similar position or related financial services position
– Series 7, 63, and 79
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.