- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- NYC Macro Hedge Fund
- 14 Sep 17
We are a New York City based macro hedge fund looking for an outstanding individual with econometrics skills to publish on various investment themes and economic trends. The ideal candidate will be a mid-level professional who has 1 to 5 years of working experience.
The firm is a global macro hedge fund based in NYC. We are active traders in most global futures markets with a specialization in commodities. Our investment methodology leverages a strong understanding of market fundamentals combined with a quantitative and data driven process. Proprietary technology allows us to gather, store and efficiently access large amounts of fundamental data from a wide variety of sources which is used to identify market anomalies and build predictive models. Our team members combine strong technical skills with a passion for problem solving and an intellectual curiosity about financial markets.
This part time job provides an excellent opportunity for an individual with strong econometrics skills to publish on various investment themes and economic trends. The ideal candidate will get ample opportunity to be exposed to financial markets and to work directly with senior members of the investment and investor relation teams.
JOB DESCRIPTION : ECONOMETRICS ANALYST
• Perform insightful statistical and economic research in relation to investment themes
• Prepare thought-provoking written analysis for the firm’s publications
• Skilled at synthesizing information from multiple sources (proprietary research, investment, other publications, various data sets, …) to produce a clear, compelling publication
• Build empirical models and economics forecasts
• Work closely with portfolio managers
• PhD in Economics/Finance or quantitative field with econometrics skills.
• Outstanding economic modeling skills and familiarity with macroeconomics and financial concepts.
• Ability to collect, manage and analyze data and databases efficiently and rigorously
• Experience in publishing : excellent writing communication skills
• High degree of knowledge of statistical packages : Matlab, R, Python, …
• Ability to partner with the investment & investor relation teams, well organized and detail oriented