Director, Financial Institutions Group
See job description for detailsAn exciting opportunity has just come for you to join ANZ as Director, Financial Institutions Group.
- Experience in Financial Institutions Group portfolio
- Reports to Head of Financial Institutions Group America
- Contribute to the Bank’s Regional goal
About the role
The Director role will manage the strategic analysis for the North American bank sector to formulate and communicate a financial strategy and policy in agreement with senior management, managing client relationships for optimum risk/return. You will also identify, develop and market new clients to ANZ in the Sector across the full range of Bank products. You will also coordinate product strategies and develop financial solutions within agreed risk parameters of the Bank.
Your role will also assist with deal execution alongside key Product Specialists and liaise closely with product specialists across Transaction Banking, Trade and Global Markets to develop and increase ANZ’s product range. This also needs to meet or exceed Key Result Areas (including financial performance targets) agreed with the Head of FIG America.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following –
- Strong leadership capability to successfully collaborate across all product, management, geographies, risk and operational areas of the Bank
- Excellent knowledge of the Banks sector with a broad range of relevant client contacts
- Strong credit skills and familiarity with Global Market conditions and strategic issues faced by clients’ industry
- Can gain appropriate and regular access to senior management, decision makers and decision influencers of clients
- Strong marketing focus and client planning discipline with ability to network and build client relationships and design & execute complex client strategies
- Demonstrable track record in originating a variety of banking and capital markets products and services.
- Ability to apply knowledge in a consulting role with clients
- Ability to manage structuring and execution for specific transactions jointly with Risk and Product partners.
- Self-starter, who requires minimal senior support.
- Ensure client portfolio activity is monitored and communicated e.g. strategies, meeting notes; deal pipeline, financial performance
- Tertiary qualifications in Commerce, Business, Accounting, Economics or related discipline preferred
- Professional qualifications: such as Series 7, Series 63, and Series 79. FINRA Registered Rep status preferred
ANZ is a leading regional bank with representation in 34 markets, focusing on core markets in Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. As we continue our journey to build our global business and support our customers, we’re committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. We’ve made it our business to be an organisation where people strive, and are rewarded, for excellence.
We’re exploring new and better ways to progress the business with energy and enthusiasm. Backed by a proud and established heritage, we’re on a journey creating a regional bank. Connected by integrity and clarity of strategy, there is a real sense of excitement about the future.
At ANZ we aim to create a work environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
We connect you to a world of opportunity.
When you join ANZ, you'll join a connected community offering a world of opportunities to help you grow your career. Who knows where you might end up? Hear from our staff about their career journey with ANZ. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyUCE1xOvzE
Find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers
You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference UNI000427.
This role is based in New York, USA. The salary package on offer is competitive.
Application opening date: 5 September 2017
Application closing date: 27 September 2017
72% of Australian workers want the opportunity to work flexibly. Hear from ANZ staff about how they take advantage of our range of flexible options, including volunteer and lifestyle leave