Commercial Real Estate - Portfolio Analytics Consultant
- New York, NY, USA
- Temporary, Full time
- 21 Sep 16
We are seeking an Consultant to perform Portfolio Analytics for our client, a newly formed commercial real estate debt group within a multi-$billion, international real assets fund operated by a leading global investment bank ("the Bank"). The real estate debt group specializes in purchasing floating rate loan portfolios backed by transitional assets.
In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating with third party servicers and Situs to aggregate servicing data feeding historical and projected performance reports on real estate loan portfolios. You should have a good understanding of financial concepts and real estate performance metrics. You will work with large data sets from multiple sources and will require highly-advanced Excel skills and a strong interest in analytics.
This role is being structured as a consulting role at this time for the initial setup and execution of the portfolio management function.
Key responsibilities include:
- Act as a liaison between Asset Management, and third party servicers to ensure information flow and accuracy and completeness of data
- Construct database and maintain reports related to loan covenants, inventories, projected payoffs, and new closings
- Create and maintain loan performance models that report historical and projected cash and P&L. This includes making customizations based on negotiated loan terms, and coordination with underwriters, Servicing, and Asset Management
- Assist in management of Servicer Collection Reports, including designing templates and preparing for upload upon receipt
- Perform ad hoc analyses for internal and external constituents
- 3+ yrs in performance analytics role in commercial real estate
- BS in Real Estate, Finance or Accounting
- Excellent data aggregation and mapping skills
- Expert excel skills (including VBA and Macros); MS Access and SQL proficiency a plus
- Able to determine NPV and DCF's
- Able to determine the IRR of an investment
- Ideally able to generate simple maturity and balance schedules
This Employer Participates in E- Verify.