Client Administration Associate
- $50K - $70K
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Altfest Personal Wealth Management
- 22 Sep 16
Altfest Personal Wealth Management, a leading independent Wealth Management firm, is seeking a highly capable, hardworking Client Administration Associate. This position has substantial potential to be on an accelerated career track in operations and has significant upward potential. Our formal training program insures the growth of our Client Administration Associates and supports their continuing progress at the firm.
The Client Administration Associate will set up and maintain client accounts, compile and complete client, custodian and firm paperwork; and review and maintain client transactions and activity.
The Client Administration Associate also handles the execution of client-related and firm tasks such as asset transfers, preparation of reports, and general support of portfolio and investment strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Work closely with clients and custodians to execute operational requests for new accounts, asset transfers, and other account related tasks
· Manage the firm’s portfolio accounting system, CRM, electronic document management systems, and maintain various aspects of the firm’s trading software
· Lead the day-to-day operations for our investment teams
· Communicate regularly with clients, both verbally and in writing
· Deliver superior client service which includes troubleshooting problems
· Serve as a liaison between Advisors and clients as needed
· Participate in the management of the firm’s technology program
· Function as the lead coordinator between broker dealer service teams and the firm
· Manage the firm’s billing and quarterly report operations
· Maintain statistical data for firm reporting and provide analysis to Management
· Handle various compliance-related tasks in coordination with the CCO
· Manage the firm’s internship program
· Assist in onboarding new employees in various capacities
· Serve as an escalation specialist for complex operational matters
· Handle investment performance related questions and all performance reporting
· Handle special projects as needed
Applicants should have all of the following:
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the financial services industry
· Bachelors degree from an accredited university
· Strong standardized test scores
· Proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook
· Strong analytical skills
· Organized, detail-oriented and able to multitask
· Maintain a “Client-first attitude”
· Superior written, verbal and presentation skills
· Team player, collaborative, able to work with and through others
· Desire and ability to work successfully in a small company environment
· Knowledge of PortfolioCenter, iRebal, Worldox, and Junxure a strong plus
Altfest Personal Wealth Management, founded in 1983, is one of the pioneers in the fee-only Wealth Management movement. Fee-only means that the firm only receives fees from its clients rather than from the sale of products and commissions, which can otherwise lead to conflicts of interest. The firm is dedicated to being client first, which means: putting clients’ interests ahead of its own, hiring highly talented people who work as a team to develop the best strategies for clients, and to utilizing internal experts that specialize in a variety of technical areas and client segments. We are committed to providing a personal, warm and caring atmosphere for our clients, offer a high level of service, and introduce innovative methods to the profession that increase the value provided to clients.
The firm provides clients with investment management, retirement planning, insurance, tax and estate advisory.
Lewis Altfest, Ph.D., CFA, CFP®, founded the firm after leaving Lord Abbett & Co, a large mutual fund company with over 100 billion in assets under management, where he was a Partner and Director of Research.
Karen C Altfest, Ph.D., CFP® ,joined the firm in its early years and has had a strong impact on its growth. Karen oversees the firm’s marketing activities including a successful program for affluent women.
The firm is very collegial and has a family atmosphere where we care for our employees. Our team is very analytical, hardworking and in some ways traditional, yet looks to develop new ideas that will help it sustain and accelerate growth into the future.
Salary & Benefits
Compensation includes salary and incentive. Salary is competitive and based on experience and industry standards.
Generous benefits include: Fully Paid Medical Plan (with no in network co-pays or deductibles), Dental, Vision, Life and AD & D, Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability FSA, Generous Profit Sharing Plan, Traditional and Roth 401(k), up to $500 for gym reimbursement.
Altfest Personal Wealth Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For consideration, please email your resume in WORD to: HGoldin@Altfest.com