- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Tradeweb LLC
- 07 Aug 17
Description of the Position: As a VP / Director in Business Development, you will be responsible for working with business leaders and executive management to drive the growth of the Tradeweb. You will lead efforts to understand and monitor the business landscape and to identify
Description of the Position:
As a VP / Director in Business Development, you will be responsible for working with business leaders and executive management to drive the growth of the Tradeweb. You will lead efforts to understand and monitor the business landscape and to identify and execute on strategic opportunities. The role mixes Corporate Development and Strategy, with a multi-pronged mandate encompassing M&A, strategic investments, and selected key organic initiatives.
Specifically, you will interact with Tradeweb business heads, conduct research and leverage external contacts to identify potential areas of opportunity and optimal method of realization. You will perform and oversee research, analysis and development of financial models to inform and support these growth strategies. You will also liaise and coordinate with internal functional leads as well as external advisors (investment bankers, legal counsel, accountants, etc.) and will generate and deliver written and verbal communications to inform and align key decision makers.
· Market analyses related to capital markets and the financial technology industry (e.g., market mapping, competitive intelligence)
· Identification of strategic growth opportunities including development of acquisition / partnership pipeline
· Assessing and quantifying recommended opportunities; Developing related pitch materials for executive management and board (if applicable) that outline a coherent , defensible and compelling case to pursue
· Conducting / overseeing financial modeling and valuation analysis related to mergers & acquisitions, new business opportunities and other corporate development initiatives
· General corporate finance related projects
· Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics or related field. MBA preferred
· Minimum 5-7 years of experience in strategic investing, investment banking, corporate development, or related role
· Prior knowledge of capital markets or the financial technology industry
· Self-starter who takes initiative and completes all projects with high energy and ability to prioritize and take ownership
· Ability to work in and be comfortable with fast paced, fluid environment
· Excellent financial analysis and modeling skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
About the Group:
The Business Development team at Tradeweb supports the company’s various businesses in identifying and executing upon various growth opportunities, both organic and inorganic. We work in a highly integrated manner with senior business leadership to source and execute acquisitions and partnerships, drive new business development, and advise and assist product and sales on business and market strategy.
About the Company:
Tradeweb Markets builds and operates many of the world’s most efficient financial marketplaces, providing market participants with greater transparency and efficiency in fixed income and derivatives. Focused on applying technology to enhance efficiency throughout the trade lifecycle, Tradeweb pioneered straight-through-processing in fixed income and now supports marketplaces for over 20 asset classes with electronic execution, processing, post-trade analysis and market data in an integrated workflow. Customers rely on Tradeweb to drive the evolution of fixed income and derivatives through flexible trading architecture and more efficient, transparent markets.
Tradeweb values diversity of culture and thought and seeks talented, qualified employees in all its operations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification under country or local law.
Tradeweb Markets LLC ("Tradeweb") is proud to be an EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Affirmative Action Employer.