Business Analyst – Data Governance
Primary responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to the following:
• Independently managing and authoring thorough, detailed, high-quality documentation of all aspects of solutions, including business requirements, use cases, and other documents.
• Resolving any conflicts with requirements between business units or between business and technology.
• Supporting business requirements activities by providing end-to-end analysis with respect to data requirements, data flows, data modeling, workflow context and design.
• Obtaining signoffs and managing change requests.
• Maintaining a strong understanding of business processes, strategies, and data needs as well as IT capabilities and capacity, and participate in filtering and prioritizing requests accordingly.
• Developing and maintaining strong relationships, and keeping clients informed and engaged throughout the entire project lifecycle.
• Trouble shoot issues and coordinate support and escalations.
• Lead and participate in UAT testing.
• Supporting adoption of data governance standards for Moody's Corporation.
• Assembling and maintaining business and technical metadata for Moody's Corporation.
• Supporting efforts to ensure that the data governance standards for Moody's Corporation are integrated into new initiatives and applications
• Supporting the management of the enterprise Business Glossary, assuring it includes business definitions of all key data elements and terms, and that the Data Owners/Data Stewards maintain the information for the terms belonging to their functions.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 3 - 5 years of work experience
• Minimum 1-3 years' experience in business process re-engineering, project management, business analysis, data analysis or similar role.
• Intermediate skills using MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Basic skills using Visio and MS Project. Knowledge of SQL is a plus.
• Possesses excellent verbal and writing skills, project and time management skills.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Possesses strong attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
• Basic understanding of SDLC methodologies.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.