Location: New York, NY, USAThis position represents a role in the IT Alignment group, which has established a well-defined and collaborative Business & IT engagement model, in addition to the delivery of technology projects and programs that are critical to the execution of corporate business strategies and achievement of company objectives.
In this role, you will work to identify, review, and analyze business requirements by assessing challenges, analyzing gaps, and finding solutions that align people, process and technology to deliver expected results. This role will act in a hands-on capacity responsible for the documentation and approval of business requirements related to a strategic IT program supporting Moody's analysts globally.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Strengthen relationships across businesses by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives.
- Author thorough, detailed, high-quality documentation for analytical applications, including business requirements, use cases, and other documents. Resolve any conflicts with requirements between business units or between business and technology.
- Syndicate requirements and otherwise liaise with stakeholder group including analysts across Lines of Business as well as representatives from other departments across the organization
- Plan and lead meetings and working sessions effectively with both business and technology teams.
- Lead by example and build a reputation as a pragmatic problem solver who collaborates in a constructive manner to create iterative improvements for operational efficiencies within the position, project team(s), and across the broader organization. Enable decision-making by effectively analyzing business drivers and constraints, and present alternative solutions to address problems and opportunities
- Utilize negotiation skills to drive project team and sponsors to make decisions concerning the business requirements in a timely manner in order to deliver project as to agreed scope, schedule and budget.
- Ensure that business demand is appropriately documented and communicated to IT partners
- Serve as proxy or lead facilitator for user acceptance testing.
- 4+ years' experience in finance, credit analysis, business analysis, and/or project management, preferably in financial services
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate with all levels of management
- Financial analysis, modeling, and business process experience preferred
- System implementation experience a plus
- Ability to multi-task deliverables while maintaining high-level attention to detail
- Ability to work using own initiative without close supervision while integrating appropriately with the team and other areas within Moody's
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams, with proven teamwork
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating across organizational boundaries and locations.
- Ability to map internal controls to business processes and system requirements
- Able to effectively translate business process steps to technology use cases and requirements
- Able to influence others and gain buy-in from leaders, SMEs, and other stakeholders
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively communicate information to all levels within the organization.
- Must be comfortable with working through ambiguity to develop effective solutions.
- Capable of building consensus across the business units.
- Must be willing to adapt to change.
- Be a creative problem solver and work with business and technical stakeholders on finding solutions and resolving issues
- Proven ability to create and present written and verbal communications that are audience appropriate.
- Possess strong persuasive, influencing and negotiation skills
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.