BlackRock Platform Innovation Change Manager/PM
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Sep 16
BlackRock Platform Innovation Change Manager/PM
BlackRock Platform Innovation (BPI), plays a critical role in developing the investment and operating platform, and solving strategic problems for the organization. The team combines strategy, business process and technology expertise to maximize growth, scale and operating consistency, with a strong focus on Aladdin.
BPI works with key business partners to define and manage platform strategy and to communicate priorities to our development and operations teams. This often involves conducting business process and operating model reviews to understand platform requirements and ensure the Aladdin platform continues to evolve to meet the key priorities of our partners.
BPI also serves as the firm's internal McKinsey / Deloitte for execution projects. Examples include driving enterprise-wide initiatives and investment team-specific projects including complex fund launches, organizing responses to large regulatory changes and managing firm-wide crisis war rooms for events like the US Treasury Debt Downgrade and Greece's potential exit (Grexit) from the Eurozone.
Working in BPI requires strong project management skills, an understanding of the Aladdin platform, technology and the markets, and the ability to conduct business process reviews. It requires strong communication and organizational skills, attention to detail, creativity, initiative and the ability to work under tight deadlines. The ideal candidate would be someone who enjoys a challenge and has the ability to understand, frame and communicate complex issues, sometimes within an ambiguous context. He or she can design creative solutions, drive them through to implementation and communicate in a way that simplifies complex topics.
BPI professionals are responsible for ensuring BlackRock's businesses have the necessary technology and sustainable operational processes to collectively support aggressive growth agendas. The candidate will be responsible for assessing complex business or process issues, identifying actionable opportunities and designing solutions; all while ensuring that Aladdin is being fully leveraged and enhanced. The candidate will be responsible for business analysis, testing and project management of large scale projects.
- Assist in defining scope and impact of projects, and effectively communicate results to stakeholders and management
- Lead all aspects of business analysis, from requirements gathering to post project benefits review
- Independently facilitate the business process reviews and document changes consistent with the firm's global operating model
- Comprehend technical framework of business process and identify areas for improvement
- Work with the Aladdin Product Group (APG) development teams to help define and build new Aladdin functionality
- Proactively identify and communicate issues and risks related to the project
- Independently facilitate cross-organizational communication, and facilitate integration meetings among key project personnel to ensure a proper framework for issue resolution and risk mitigation is developed and utilized
- Train users in the new processes and applications as well as creating training materials for new business and system functionality
- Support the business process changes and the implementation of Aladdin through parallel testing and go-live activities
- Participate in multiple projects that span regions, geographies, continents, and time zones
- Demonstrated ability to propose practical technical solutions to business problems and issues
- Focus the goals of projects and analysis to ensure conformance to requirements and appropriateness of the delivered product/solution
- Exhibits familiarity with Aladdin data structure & Aladdin entity relationships
- Comprehend complexities of the asset management business and how regulations impact the buy-side.
- BA or Computer Science degree desirable
- 6+ years' work experience in the financial services industry
- Experience in financial services or a related industry
- Strong understanding of the capital markets, asset classes, financial instruments (equities, fixed income and derivatives) and relevant market regulations
- Experience in business process analysis, design and implementation
- Develops result-oriented conclusions based on Business Process Reviews to improve process flows and technology specifications
- Experience navigating a complex matrix of accountability and stakeholders
- Strong analytical, creative, organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to clearly communicate objectives across a range of stakeholders and to articulate the rationale behind those goals.
- Results driven individual with strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of practical technical solutions and developer tools/languages
- Aladdin user experience
- The ideal candidate would be someone who enjoys a challenge, is creative, is a self-starter and is comfortable navigating a sometimes steep learning curve while gaining subject matter expertise, and has the ability to help frame and communicate complex issues in a simple and concise way