BlackRock OnBoarding Implementation Manager
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 28 Sep 16
BlackRock OnBoarding Implementation Manager
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
The Americas OnBoarding Team is looking for a Vice President, Implementation Management in San Francisco or New York. The OnBoarding team leads the onboarding of portfolios and directs critical client change events such as benchmark and other investment guideline updates. OnBoarding synchronizes internal BlackRock teams (sales, portfolio management, investment operations, and corporate functions) across all regions. We deliver predictable and risk-controlled launch and change events by leveraging our knowledge of BlackRock's operating environment and following a structured implementation approach. As a function that sits within BlackRock's Global Client Services team, the OnBoarding Implementation team prides itself on strong client communication skills-with a keen focus on the end client experience.
OnBoarding also owns and maintains key systems that serve as the firm's portfolio masters.
We are business partners who play an active and visible role in delivering a superior client experience on behalf of the firm. Senior members of the team advise internal stakeholders on how best to approach implementation events (e.g. risks, timing, and key activities) and will project manage requests through completion. As a result, the successful candidate requires asset management operational knowledge, project management skills, and the ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels across BlackRock. He or she will also need the ability to effectively prioritize in a self-directed manner.
Primary objectives of the OnBoarding Team:
- Coordinate and manage launch and change events with all impacted stakeholders, exercising full control of project plans and milestones and assuming ultimate accountability for event delivery
- In partnership with our sales and relationship teams, manage client expectations by providing transparency around business requirements to launch a new portfolio or effect a desired change.
- Provide critical control functions such as requesting/receiving sign-offs from key stakeholders in advance of launches/changes becoming effective and incorporating service level agreements into credible end-to-end timelines
- Build strong relationships across the organization by listening carefully to our internal stakeholders and working hard to deliver for the firm
- Identify and drive process improvement opportunities that lower the risk of errors and increase efficiency
Experience and Skills:
- Strong client management skills and service philosophy required
- Experience in the investment management/asset management business is highly desirable
- Experience launching investment management products is highly desirable
- Experience directly or indirectly supporting institutional clients is highly desirable
- Knowledge of the different participants in the fund management business and their roles - fund managers, administrators, brokers, consultants and custodians
- Track record of building and maintaining relationships with senior stakeholders
- Knowledge of BlackRock's internal processes, products, and fund structures a plus
- 5+ years industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to successfully deliver on projects
- Excellent attention to detail, extremely accurate and well organized
- Strong control / risk mitigation mentality with the judgment to escalate when necessary. A Demonstrated ability to identify and implement process improvements
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to operate effectively to tight deadlines and to prioritize own work.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.