BlackRock Investment Operations - SEC Lending
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 27 Sep 16
BlackRock Investment Operations - SEC Lending
The Global Securities Lending operations team is part of the BlackRock Investment Operations group. Working in close alignment with the Securities Lending business, the team plays a key role in the delivery of the Securities Lending product, and in enabling the business to flexibly adapt to emerging business opportunities and client needs. It also plays a key role in the risk management process, as well as management of internal and external service providers. The team is responsible for several key facets of the post-trade securities loan process, including collateral management, loan and return settlement and reconciliation. As a Securities Lending Operations Specialist, you'll work closely with colleagues globally - other operations specialists, traders, product managers, business analysts, risk managers, IT developers and client-facing teams - to support existing and new trading strategies, enhance technology and reporting, and develop new products and services. You'll have an opportunity to make a real impact on the bottom line by enabling the business to capitalize on special lending opportunities, improving performance and efficiency, supporting the onboarding of new inventory and the expansion of relationships with clients, borrowers and service providers.
Investment Operations, more broadly, is responsible for the development of the firm's operating infrastructure to support BlackRock's investment businesses worldwide. IO establishes and coordinates operational processes and procedures internally and externally with clients, custodians, prime brokers, broker-dealers and other vendors and is responsible for managing BlackRock's broker-dealer and custodian bank relationships.
- Coordination and oversight of Business Operations Securities Lending BAU activities to ensure timely enablement of new lendable inventory and client onboarding in accordance with client guidelines and established policies.
- Partner with APG and other Business Operations teams to identify opportunities to enhance the controls and processes related to onboarding new Securities Lending clients, expand access to lendable inventory, and prioritize and drive the completion of any related deliverables.
- Act as a subject matter expert with regards to securities lending operations to work jointly with the Securities Lending and Finance team in researching and managing the implementation of market, borrower or asset expansion activities to drive revenue opportunity and maintain the business' competitive advantage.
- Participate directly in the due diligence performed by SLF for new lending opportunities and changes to the existing product, analyzing the operating model and options associated with the contemplated activity.
- Identify and direct activities related to key change event items related to the SLF business to ensure all areas are engaged in a well-controlled and client-focused manner.
- Create and maintain metrics to provide transparency to management and business partners around results and performance.
- Provide ongoing communication within Business Operations on priorities/changes, open items, upcoming deliverables, and any issues or concerns.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree or other certifications/achievements desirable.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the financial industry; Securities Lending and Project Management experience a plus.
- Highly risk aware and demonstrated ability to multi-task and make appropriate decisions under rigid deadlines, while adhering to established procedures and escalation/risk mitigation measures.
- Self-motivated, confident and proactive problem solver. Positive, "can-do" attitude and willingness to stretch self outside comfort zone and grow.
- Highly detail oriented and risk focused. Ability to prioritize and deliver assignments as promised, while maintaining high quality and consistent results.
- Exceptional verbal, written and listening skills. Comfortable interacting with and influencing a wide range of audiences, from peers to senior level managers.
- Proficient with Excel and other MS Office applications, and able to quickly learn proprietary systems.
- Reliable and trusted team player with strong integrity and ethics. Driven to be a productive part of a highly functioning, collegial team, and to work in a high expectation and high impact environment.
- Travel : No
- Direct Reports: Yes
- Licenses: No