BlackRock Head of Fixed Income iShares - US
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 28 Sep 16
BlackRock Head of Fixed Income iShares - US
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Fixed Income iShares is one of the fastest growing businesses within BlackRock and the leader in driving industry-wide adoption of fixed income ETFs. As part of the creation of a global fixed income iShares organisation, we are looking to appoint a Head of Fixed Income iShares - US. This role, within the US iShares business, will be responsible for driving the next phase of fixed income ETF growth in the US.
The successful candidate will lead the iShares US fixed income business across product, sales, capital markets and marketing, mirroring iShares' existing structure in EMEA. The role will report to the head of the US iShares business and the global head of BlackRock's fixed income beta business. The successful candidate will define and execute the vision for our US growth strategy, operating effectively with the cross-asset functional heads to create an integrated US iShares fixed income team. The Head of US Fixed Income iShares will lead the promotion of iShares fixed income in the region both internally and externally with clients and the media.
- Oversee the distribution strategy for US fixed income iShares to grow fixed income ETF penetration across all client segments.
- Work with the USWA executive to achieve a core deliverable: growing the penetration of fixed income iShares in the US wealth-advisory market. The candidate will need to develop a segment-based strategy that prioritizes fixed income ETFs in the channel and promotes the agenda to the sales teams and their clients.
- Lead the US institutional fixed income sales team, ramping up the sales process for converting institutional bond buyers to using ETFs, and expanding it to other institutional segments such as insurance and pension funds
- Leverage and build relationships with large institutional investors to understand client needs and promote ETF usage.
- Own and drive product development for iShares US fixed income, working with the head of US product to develop the pipeline for future innovation and growth plans for existing products
- Identify opportunities for new approaches to indexing fixed income and develop new product wrappers to solve clients' challenges.
- Understand the competitive landscape for fixed income indexing in the US in order to appropriately position iShares' fixed income product range
- Identify specific opportunities by geographic market, channel, and product with clear action plans for achieving AUM and revenue targets.
- Work with the head of US Capital Markets to drive ETFs into the fixed income ecosystem, developing the necessary relationships with broker-dealers and third parties.
- Sponsor development of technology to improve market liquidity and fixed income ETF product usage, including deployment of tools and analytics that enable investors to adopt fixed income ETFs in their investment processes.
- Ensure fixed income strategic initiatives are prioritized and resourced appropriately in US iShares.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Extensive experience in a senior sales, trading, product strategist, research and/or business management role gained within a Fixed Income markets environment
- Deep knowledge of Fixed Income markets and instruments including credit derivatives
- Experience and success in working with large, multi-strategy and multi-channel distribution platforms
- Outstanding ability to influence and lead effectively across regions, functions and teams without direct authority.
- Unique blend of business and technical savvy; big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.