BlackRock Building Operations Manager, New York
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 28 Sep 16
BlackRock Building Operations Manager, New York
Technology & Operations
With offices located in 70 cities in 30 countries, BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. The Global Corporate Services team manages BlackRock's corporate real estate strategy and portfolio, and is responsible for delivering superior value in: Facilities Management; Design and Construction; Real Estate; Corporate Resilience, Safety & Security; Critical Engineering, Global Travel Services; and Business Services.
Reporting to the New York Director of Facilities Management, the New York Building Operations Manager is responsible for the coordination of Building Operations activities for BlackRock's Headquarters location in New York City. The Building Operations Manager must ensure that building systems are operating efficiently, in coordination with the Critical Engineering team. Concurrently, the Building Operations Manager supports the headquarters Facilities Management program.
• Oversees the operation and maintenance of all HVAC and Critical Infrastructure components ensuring minimal downtime and no disruption to the business units
• Provide engineering oversight for NY Operations.
• Provide engineering support for NY projects and Design & Construction.
• Ensure all preventive maintenance is scheduled, carried out and documented as part of SOPs.
• Perform annual risk assessments and risk mitigations.
• Ensure that all phone, e-mail, and intranet requests are responded to in a professional manner by the team
• Oversee the operational aspects of BlackRock's space in a manner, which protects, maintains and improves the value of BlackRock's assets
• Conduct daily floor inspections, and where deficiencies are found, discuss with the team to take corrective action to ensure repair/replacement
• Escort Third Party Vendors
• Ensure all management and operations practices are in compliance with company standards as well as code requirements
• Prepare weekly reports with metrics from On Demand
• Coordinate with and, when necessary, take direction from Critical Infrastructure team on Facilities related issues and adhere to best practices prescribed by them.
• Learn and review Building Management System (BMS) on a daily basis for 55 E 52nd Street
• Take responsibility for providing requested services to clients and/or assignment of work requests to 3rd party vendors
• Follow up on and manage 3rd party vendor activities in support of work request fulfillment
• Conduct daily rounds within critical infrastructure areas to take readings and report on any abnormalities
• Serve as Champion for the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) Trirga
• Attend Tririga Training
• Maintain the database for the CMMS for all NYC sites
• Actively be involved in resolving issues, such as, work order requests or On Demand Calls
• Close out work order tickets and follow up on all issues
• Review weekly Preventive Maintenance and Work Order activity
• Become familiar with our CAFM space management in Tririga
• Assist in the preparation of reports generated for BlackRock, such as Strategic Plan, Metrics
• Provide on-the-job knowledge transfer to staff.
• Minimum of five to eight years of experience in managing buildings with emphasis on HVAC and critical infrastructure or equivalent experience and education.
• Service oriented - where customer needs and service levels are the highest priority
• Committed to results - where the focus is on objectives and excellent service to the customer
• Team Emphasis - ability to develop an open and collaborative environment towards strengthening staff relationships in support of business need
• Project Management
• Financial analyses & decision making
• Facility Management & Infrastructure to include general understanding of building systems
• Office Services to include creating and closing work order tickets and tracking core issues and history
• Information Systems and technologies to include; Microsoft Office, Outlook (e-mail, Calendar, Contacts), Excel (Spreadsheets), Tririga.
• Communicate in writing/orally with team members, co-workers, employees, contractors and vendors to obtain and provide useful information
• Assists in performing scheduled and "as needed" inspection and preventive maintenance on tools and equipment to maintain operability of the tools and equipment
• Maintains records of activities including preventative maintenance services and service requests
• Monitor and update HVAC control program