Big Data - Java, Scala, Spark
- Base + Bonus + Benefits
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- NationStaff, Inc.
- 28 Jun 17
A greenfield Big Data/Core Java application project utilizing the very latest technology to deliver highly scalable, distributed solutions.
This role is to be part of a brand-new team in New York focused on trading and risk. The team will build a BigData solution to manage huge data sets and display the information in cutting edge UI.This is all new design, development deployment of open-source systems. No support. No legacy.
The role requires a solid Software Engineer with:
- 4+ years of enterprise level, software design and development
- Strong knowledge of Java, Spark, Scala (and/or Python) experience.
- Working knowledge of building server-side processes in a service orientated manner
- Experience working with very large data sets in a real-time processing environment.
- Experience working with ZeroMQ, Netty, Apache Kafka, Google ProtoBufs, REST services useful.
- Understanding (or a desire to learn) Fixed Income markets (focus on interest rate derivatives)
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and work independently and passionately
- Engage and collaborate with multiple groups (trading, quant development, risk management)
- Interest in continual self-development
It's a great team, doing interesting work.