Banking Technology Trainer
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 27 Sep 16
Banking Technology Trainer
Global Investment Banking at J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan counts as its greatest asset the breadth and depth of its client base. Within Investment Banking, the firm works with a broad range of issuer clients, including corporations, institutions and governments, and provides comprehensive strategic advice, capital raising and risk management expertise. In-depth, industry-specific expertise and regional market acumen enable our industry coverage teams to serve the evolving needs of clients around the world. Our approach to serving clients has always centered on doing first-class business in a first-class way. We strive to build trusted, long-term relationships by taking a holistic and forward-looking view on our relationships, and identifying ways to help clients achieve their most important business objectives.
Technology Department Overview
GICB technology supports three groups within the broader Banking business, part of the CIB (Corporate & Investment Bank): GIB (Global Investment Banking), GCB (Global Corporate Banking) & TS Sales(Treasury Services Sales). Our technology team develops and supports a variety of technology tools aimed at enhancing the controls agenda, driving efficiency and mobility, differentiating our client delivery through innovation and ensuring the overall technology environment is stable and efficient, including Banking's use of firmwide technology tools.
The role(s) are for trainers to partner closely with business users and the technology team to maximize usage of the various tools being developed within the tech team. Surveys and other feedback mechanisms have highlighted that whilst tools are well regarded, general awareness and knowledge of how to best utilize the various tools could be improved to increase their value and boost bankers' efficiency. This role would also provide an excellent conduit to both raise awareness for bankers of the various tools as well as provide regular feedback to the developers of how users perceive the tools and UI/UX improvement opportunities. Trainers would be expected to develop a training plan aimed at ensuring 100% of bankers are trained on an appropriate rolling basis, mixing 1-to-1, team meetings, dedicated training sessions, drop-ins, virtual training and participation in the formal graduate training programs.
1) Understand the different roles/personas of various business users/bankers
2) Learn the various technology applications within Banking (Desktop, Web, Mobile)
3) Develop a training plan, partnering with the broader technology teams and learning & development teams
4) Deliver varied forms of training to capture maximum participation
5) Ensure adequate tracking/metrics of training delivery and work with L&D and Tech to measure impact on usage/ROI
6) Create instructor materials (course outlines, background material, instructional materials, and training aids).
7) Continuously enhance technical instructional delivery and presentation skills.
8) Ensure the quality and consistency of course content throughout a course life cycle.
9) Act as a conduit for UI/UX (or other) feedback for the broader tech team to incorporate into design/enhancements
1) First Class communication and training skills (both to groups and individuals)
2) Able to "think on your feet"
3) Excellent Customer Service skills
4) Must excel under high stress environments
5) Ability to rapidly learn new technologies/tools and context of usage
1) Minimum 6 years of Training technology tools and/or Business Analysis experience
2) Financial Services experience ideal, but first class consumer tech training also considered
3) Must have worked as an end user / client facing trainer at all levels of seniority