Associates / Vice Presidents – Investment Banking / M&A - SF & NYC
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 07 Aug 17
We are working with several global middle-market investment banks across various sectors (TMT, Healthcare, Industrials, Consumer/Retail, etc.). They are looking to hire experienced Analysts, Associates and Vice Presidents in their execution teams. One role is for a generalist and the others are within specific sectors. Most of these positions are based in New York (NYC), but one is based in San Francisco.
Depending on the client, the opening is either for a Senior Associate or Vice President. .Our clients are global mid-market investment banks focused on different sectors (TMT, Healthcare, Industrials, Consumer/Retail, etc.) and are based in either New York (NYC) or Boston, MA.
- Provide transaction support to senior banker on a broad range of corporate finance transactions private placement and mergers & acquisitions
- Manage several concurrent projects and work effectively as part of a team
- Prepare pitch books for presentations
- Perform due diligence
- Perform valuation analysis and financial modeling for prospective and live transactions
- Interact with clients during presentations and deal executions
- Must have previous Investment Banking experience, preferably for a reputable firm. Amount of relevant experience must be in line with the position applied for (Analyst, Associate or VP).
- M&A experience is required for the Associate & VP openings, but is strongly preferred for the Analyst roles as well.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and a thorough understanding of valuation techniques.
- Highly proficient in financial statement analysis and financial modeling (there will be case studies for most of the positions where you will be tested on your financial modeling and analysis skills).
- Assertive, self-motivated and desire to succeed in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to thrive in a boutique/smaller sized firm, where you will be wearing many different hats and have a lot of exposure both internally and externally.
- Ability to work independently but also with a team. The ability to work well with different types of personalities and styles is extremely important, especially at a boutique/smaller firm.