Associate Project Manager
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Role: Support strategic cross-business projects that address new products development, establishment of new functions, risk management, operational effectiveness, and other organizational changes.
Purpose of Role: Support ratings agency business initiatives.
Measured on: Successful execution of project deliverables. Attention to detail in deliverables and work products.
Typical Responsibilities and Duties:
- Define and manage strategic cross-business projects, lead project execution, track, and ensure quality deliverables.
- Coordinate and collaborate with various functions, departments, and project teams across multiple, global locations to plan and execute strategic initiatives
- Develop and manage detailed project plans and risks/issues/decisions logs and escalate to managers senior team members as appropriate; prepare project / workstream meeting agendas, document meeting outcomes and next steps
- Lead meetings with key internal project team members, business stakeholders, and manage varying opinions on key subjects and decisions
- Prepare and present project status updates and senior management communications
- Independently identify risks/issues and recommend solutions
- Participate in ad-hoc analyses, presentations, and special projects as needed
- Help identify and implement organizational and project management best practices
The Project Management Office (PMO) is part of the Operations, Data & Controls (ODC) function of Moody's Investors Service (MIS). The PMO works closely with partner groups including Legal, Compliance, Technology, Regional Management, and the Ratings teams and is responsible for managing the planning, implementation and execution of key global, regulatory and strategic operating model initiatives.
- College degree
- 2-5 years of project management work experience, preferably in strategy, consulting or project management within the financial services industry
- Self-starter who is motivated, organized, and can meet tight deadlines
- Ability to proactively create clarity where ambiguity exits
- Strong results orientation, with a focus on quality and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - ability to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing
- Effective time management and prioritization skills; ability to meet tight timeframes
- Strong analytical and strategic problem solving skills, risk management a plus
- Experience in developing and delivery management presentations
- Strong MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint (Advanced or Expert level preferred), and project management software skills
- Good understanding of financial analysis & credit risk
- Business transformation and change management experience a plus
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.