Associate, OTC Derivatives Portfolio Valuations
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit
- 16 Aug 17
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual with an interest in derivative pricing to be part of a team of analysts that support the daily valuation of portfolios of positions submitted by clients. Analysts work with clients during trials, implementation, production and challenge processing; they also oversee various data capture and review procedures in support of the global valuation business.
Markit Portfolio Valuations provides an independent, post-trade valuation service to buy-side institutions globally, covering vanilla and exotic OTC derivatives, cash instruments and structured notes across all asset classes. The service also offers clients the ability to receive an aggregated set of counterparty marks for their trades.
Duties & accountabilities
- Organizing and running daily and monthly valuation processes for clients; this will require hands-on responsibility for some accounts
- Handling simple and complex price challenges and resolving them to the satisfaction of the client
- Building and maintaining client relationships, so that clients are aware of Markit’s new and existing valuation capabilities and increase their use of these services
- Contributing to the design and testing of Markit’s valuation systems
- Ensuring that data capture and cleaning processes are run, refined and automated
Education and Experience
- Good degree in a quantitative discipline
- Good understanding of OTC derivative valuation in one or more asset classes
- Strong knowledge common office tools and software including Excel and VBA
- Appetite for providing services to external clients on a regular basis
- Relevant practical experience (1-2 years)
- Other programming experience in any language e.g. SQL
- Must have general understanding of financial markets, and be keen to extend knowledge of OTC derivatives across all asset classes.
- Must embrace the importance of high service levels as part of a commercial relationship
- Must be detail-oriented, thorough and able to use own initiative to solve problems.
- Must have the ability to work well in a team to ensuring that tasks are completed and issues are followed up and closed.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills are essential.
- Strong skills required to be able to communicate effectively with external clients and across business units within the company. This will include email, phone and face-to-face meetings.
- Clear, structured and professional in both writing and speech.
- Must gain a clear understanding and appreciation of the other functional and regional teams in the valuation group.
- Must respect and apply the various control activities required to maintain and monitor the quality of the service.
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.