- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Aug 17
Associate Director - Financial Institutions Analyst (Research Analyst)
Location: New York, NY, USARole/Responsibilities:
This role will act as the lead financial institutions analyst in the CreditEdge Research Group. The role involves producing entity and sector research for publication, based on publicly available and proprietary data sets. The successful candidate will also serve as the subject matter expert for the development of a new financial institutions product that will be sold to Moody's Analytics' clients. The remit is global in nature.
- Provide timely and relevant published research on topics related to the creditworthiness of financial institutions, as well as sector trends in general. The research will be based on aggregated entity-level financial data, market signals such as equity prices and bond and CDS spreads, economic data, and proprietary Moody's Analytics metrics.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for the development of new financial institutions-based products.
- Support the Moody's Analytics sales effort via client outreach and internal and external presentations
- A bachelor's degree in economics, finance, or a related field, MBA or graduate degree in a financial field preferred.
- Five to 10 years of financial institutions analytical experience, ideally in a buy or sell side role, and ideally with a record of publishing research on a regular basis.
- Experience with, or a sound understanding of, the capital markets (particularly fixed income).
- CFA desirable.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.