Associate Director - Data Governance (Data Management)
Location: New York, NY, USARole/Responsibilities:
This individual will be responsible in supporting all data strategy and data governance related aspects of Moody's Analytics' (MA) business systems. This role will entail working directly with stakeholders and business leaders to help execute on the data strategy, specifically in the domain of Master Data Management and Data Governance. This individual will assist putting together the execution plan for rolling out Master Data Management (MDM) and Data Governance.
Specific responsibilities for the position may include:
- Responsible for establishing operational data governance across all business systems in MA by creating a framework and working with functional leaders to define roles and responsibilities.
- Help build a business case for Master Data Management at MA and create presentations to solicit buy-in and support from stakeholders across the organization.
- Work to improve processes for determining, investigating and resolving data quality issues, and an on-going process for maintaining quality data, and defining data quality audit procedures.
- Act as the Business Lead on a number of projects related to the Enterprise Data Management programs to capture business requirements and validate those requirements are met by the completion of each project.
- Develop a strong understanding of business processes and business objectives and help formulate data strategy accordingly and build consensus with business stakeholders.
- Participate in strategic projects to ensure data governance standards for Moody's Analytics are integrated into new initiatives and applications.
- Develop Technical Metadata and Business Glossary for MA's business systems by partnering with the business systems team and IT.
- Provide thought leadership in the data management space by establishing best practices and creating execution plan for the overall data strategy vision.
- Design internal controls on data elements in line with MA's Data Strategy.
- Demonstration of continued progression and experience managing one or more of the following
- Data-intensive operational functions.
- Adoption and maintenance of corporate data policies.
- Design of internal controls over data elements.
- Ability to work independently on cross-disciplinary data governance teams
- Allocating and tracking data governance work across team members
- Manage and mentor team in the data governance to help them grow and become knowledgeable to execute independently in the domain.
- Scope/Supervision and Interaction: This position works as a liaison between Moody Analytics' business groups and software developers, and will interact with senior internal personnel
Moody's Analytics Data Management and Analytics team.
- Bachelor's Degree, 10+ years related information systems experience
- 8-10 years of data management experience.
- Experience with industry leading MDM tools from Informatica/IBM desirable.
- Experience with DG tools like Collibra, etc. is desirable
- Experience developing Data Governance principles, standards and procedures a must.
- Strong quantitative and analytic skills (including intermediate knowledge of Excel and Access and relational database queries).
- A minimum of 3-5 years of managerial experience.
- Strong verbal and written skills, as well as high level of confidence interacting with business
- Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Excellent spoken and written communication as well as receptive listening skills, with ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent team player able to work with virtual and global cross functional teams.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks.
- Excellent, creative problem-solving skills.
- Data related certifications are desirable e.g CDMP (Certified Data Management Professional)
- Experience with structured query language (SQL) a plus.
- Experience with SFDC is desirable.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.