- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Aug 17
Associate Analyst 2 (Structured Finance)
Location: New York, NY, USAMethodology Framework Group - Structured Finance : We are looking for an Associate Analyst to join the Methodology Framework Group - Structured Finance within the Methodology Development Group (MDG).
The successful candidate would provide analytical and project support on a number of methodology related projects across various asset classes and regions. The successful candidate will work closely with more experienced team members on global initiatives.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities :
The Role / Responsibilities:
- Provide analytical support for methodology related projects covering a variety of asset classes
- Support senior members of the team with more complex projects to ensure timely completion and effective execution
- Review or enhance modelling tools and run sensitivity analysis
- Draft presentations and assist with methodology reports and memos
- Collect data and provide analytical support for projects
- Coordinate with other team members and MRG as needed
- Collaborate with rating analysts and other groups to progress methodology related projects
- Demonstrate an understanding of rating methodologies used by several Structured Finance Group teams
- Assist with ad hoc team projects, as needed
Department / Team:
The Methodology Development Group (MDG) at Moody's is responsible for developing and publishing all new methodologies and revisions to existing methodologies, as well as the related models, scorecards and analytical tools used in MIS. MDG also performs analysis of the performance of ratings and methodologies and publishes a series of default and recovery studies. MDG includes the Methodology Framework Group, the Rating Model Group, Default and Rating Analytics, CSS Technology, and the Document Process Group.
The Methodology Framework Group (MFG) leads the analytical development of methodologies and scorecards and acts as the principal point of contact for LOBs in the development process. The MFG-Fundamental team performs this function for sector and cross-sector methodologies in CFG, FIG, PPIF and Sovereigns. The MFG-SFG team performs this function for sector and cross-sector methodologies in SFG.
- Undergraduate degree required with minimum 2 years relevant work experience. Graduate/second level degree (Masters, MBA) preferred.
- Solid credit skills and logical analytical thought process
- Proven credit experience e.g. at a bank, corporate or investor (in related field) preferred
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills a must
- Professional, pro-active, flexible, diligent and dependable
- Highly organized and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines
- Strong Team player with ability to work independently
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint OR Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.