Assistant Director - Data Scientist
Responsible for examining processes, procedures and systems facilitating an in-depth understanding of the operations to enhance efficiency, risk controls, cost expenditures and innovation within the Structured Analytics and Valuation (SAV) line of business.
• Gather relevant hard and soft data from systems and personnel
• Analyze data and identify innovative and pragmatic solutions
• Clearly define the optimization tasks and objectives
• Assist in the exploration, experimentation and implementation of new systems/products
• Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
• Use statistical techniques to create scalable solutions for real business problems
• Perform large-scale data analysis and develop effective statistical models for segmentation, classification, optimization, time series, etc.
• Provide high-quality data analysis and analytical solutions that support business objectives.
• Perform data visualization and presentation
• Works with an open mind and is curious while maintaining a healthy skepticism
The Operations Research team (ORT) is a departmental level resource across all of the business lines of the Structured Analytics and Valuations (SAV) department. The primary mandate of the ORT is to examine processes, procedures and systems to facilitate an in-depth understanding of the operations in order to enhance efficiency, risk controls, cost expenditures and innovation.
• Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field is required;
• Masters plus
• Significant experience querying structured data for analytical purposes
• Mastery of at least one analytical programing language ( e.g. Python, Matlab)
• Experience implementing models in a production environment
• Demonstrated ability to work well in a group setting
• Able to clearly communicate findings to intelligent non-experts
• Familiarity with high-level computer languages a major plus ( e.g. C++)
• Financial Services industry experience strongly preferred
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.