The Associate Director - Strategy is primarily responsible for coordinating a broad range of initiatives that help to generate an MA culture of innovation. This will include generating organizational awareness of industry events, conferences and best practices, all with a focus on new trends, technologies and business opportunities. This role will demonstrate initiative and an interest in emerging technologies. This individual will have regular exposure to EBU's senior leadership team and broader MA organization.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
- Develop and maintain a library of content on new and emerging business opportunities and the knowledge gained from external engagements. Ensure the information is up-to-date and readily accessible across MA.
- Analyze and keep abreast of key technology developments and the competitive landscape affecting MA's customers and MA offerings to identify potential opportunities and threats.
- Identify relevant global conferences and events on emerging technologies and Fintech topics that MA should attend or provide speakers for.
- Assist in implementing the execution of the strategies in coordination with various internal departments.
- Support the development of detailed business cases for new initiatives that includes global demand forecasts, competitive analysis, investment analysis and financial projections.
The EBU is charged with supporting innovation within our existing LOBs, developing opportunities in the "whitespace", enhancing our innovation process and understanding customers' technology preferences.
- 3-5 years of experience in a strategy, B2B marketing, product marketing, consulting, or similar equivalent.
- Knowledge of the emerging technologies used in software development and fintech companies
- Thorough understanding of global capital/credit markets, including deep knowledge of markets, products and trends from a strategy, planning and product development perspective.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as high level of confidence interacting with senior business professionals.
- Good time management ability and demonstrated experience as a self-starter
- Ability to work on multi-disciplinary project working groups
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree).
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.