Assistant Director-Platform Strategist
Drive and participate in requirements gathering, customer needs analysis, design and implementation of large and complex web applications and tools. Work closely with developers and testers to ensure technical and functional requirements and designs adhere to the platform vision and strategy, and meet customer needs. Advocate for, and drive the platform vision forward.
Mentor and lead junior members of the team, and foster a collaborative and productive environment focused on improving customer experience through platform initiatives.
- Define and maintain a platform feature strategy and roadmap to meet the vision. Build consensus, understanding and excitement around the vision and strategy
- Strategy and maintenance of taxonomies, including the reviewing of content for possible gaps in coverage, identifying new terms, vocabularies, synonyms, and term relationships
- Define, write, manage, and prioritize platform stories in support of product features using the Agile Methodology
- Facilitating the development of business cases to support investment
- Actively managing Stakeholders of all levels by leading discussions of project scope and approach, and presenting business/technical analysis findings/documentation and proposed solutions
- Work collaboratively with program/product managers, researchers, developers, build/deployment and quality engineers spread across different locations
- Assess the scope and impact of system, dependencies and process changes
- Participate in architecture and design reviews for projects that require complex technical solutions
- Brainstorm and research feasibility and viability of design implementation options for new solutions, and build proof-of-concepts
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships, and keeping clients informed and engaged throughout the entire project lifecycle
- Work with product teams to design and develop new products and features that leverage platform features
- Partnering with technical architects to assure that technical models are aligned with business models
- Work closely with the business and technology to gather testing requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Mentor junior team members on technical, project and leadership skills
- Learn and articulate impact of new and emerging technologies
- Understand customer web behavior and apply insights to platform strategy
Platform Technology Solutions
- 5 - 7 years of applicable experience in in product strategy/management, technical business analysis at a financial institution, technology or a publishing firm.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in the design, development, and implementation of large customer facing multi-channel applications (web, mobile, excel, etc)
- 1 to 2 years of experience in taxonomy, controlled vocabulary, and metadata development
- An in-depth understanding of web technologies (all tiers) that deliver value to customers
- Familiarity with Agile development practices and tools
- Familiarity with industry web tools, standards, and practices
- Experience with customer facing search strategy
- Experience with taxonomy and semantic content strategies
- SSO, data visualization, and content management technology experience a plus
- Familiarity with Excel Add-in product strategy
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Bachelor's degree required, MS in technology management (or similar) preferred
- Experience with large, complex projects with a global footprint
- Work under minimum direction and use independent judgment in decision-making
- A positive and confident work personality
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.