Asset Management - Private Bank - Banker - Multinational Team - VP or ED - New York, NY
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Sep 16
See job description for details
J.P. Morgan Private Bank has been helping the world's wealthiest individuals, families, foundations, and endowments grow, manage, and sustain their wealth through personalized, comprehensive financial solutions for more than 160 years. J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management with assets under supervision of $2.1 trillion and assets under management of $1.4 trillion. With Private Bank advisors in 110 offices in 25 states and 20 countries, the Private Bank provides clients with a global perspective delivered through a local, dedicated team of specialists focused on fundamental wealth management disciplines, including investment management, wealth planning, philanthropy, credit and banking.
The Multinational Group focuses exclusively on multi-jurisdictional individuals, family offices, and family groups with a global perspective and institutional investment scope. The team is based in New York and works very closely with our investment solutions teams based in Asia, Europe and the US to deliver platform-agnostic coverage.
The Banker is the face of J.P. Morgan's Private Banking business. The Banker leads new client acquisition and retention through a broad knowledge of investments, banking, trust services and financial planning. This role is primarily responsible for the client experience and engaging our resources to deliver a complete wealth management solution.
- Responsible for sale and implementation of investment, banking and trust/estate products to core clients
- Leverage and coordinate specialists (Investor, Capital Advisor, Trust and Estate Advisor and Wealth Advisor) to provide interdisciplinary expertise for our most complex clients
- Manage each account to ensure that the client has a completed profile, is introduced to the appropriate product specialists and that accounts are properly maintained and serviced
- Build trust with clients and effectively manage relationships
- Ensure that the proposed products and services maximize the clients' needs, goals and objectives
- Provide guidance to junior staff
- Proven sales success including: prospecting, profiling, overcoming objections, negotiation, team selling approach, closing the sale and asking for referrals
- Experience or demonstrated understanding of investments, banking and trust concepts including, but not limited to: asset allocation on structured portfolios, managed portfolios, brokerage accounts, portfolio reviews, deposit and loan solutions, basic trust and estate products and identification of wealth planning opportunities
- Connections within Private Banking core client space and professional centers of influence
- Coachable professional with good "business sense" and an energetic/dynamic personality
- Strong relationship management and team building skills; views team concept as critical to model
- Seven plus years experience in Private Banking working with High Net and Ultra High Net individuals and families or related fields within financial services
- Licenses 7, 63 required for position
- Bachelors degree required; MBA, JD or CFA preferred