AVP - Software Developer
The Moody's IT Risk Management team is globally responsible for helping the organization balance risk by aligning policies and procedures with Moody's business and regulatory requirements. The team is responsible for the development, enforcement and monitoring of security controls, policies and procedures, disaster recovery programs, GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance) reporting and the delivery of security services including the company's Cyber Security program. The IT Risk Management team sets strategic direction for IT risk and security globally and aligns with stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Build strong working relationships with both IT and business partners, establishing working groups and workshops with key IT stakeholders and vendors as required
- Responsible for the architecture, design, development and implementation of multiple software development projects
- Work closely with process owners and request type owners to elicit and agree requirements for request workflows and IT self-service on Moody's GRC instance among other use cases
- Lead and Drive the creation of and adherence to Cyber-Security and Information Security Reference Architectures
- Conducts and is accountable for regular code reviews for his team, ensuring proper coding, conformance to standards and best practices, including performance, reliability, scalability, extensibility and high quality.
Planning, Governance, Controls
Minimum education and work experience required for this position include:
- Minimum 7-9 years of experience in IT industry, preferably in a financial services or consulting organization
- BS or BA degree, preferably in technology/business or equivalent
- ServiceNow/GRC experience is a plus
- Must be proficient in coding Java based solutions and demonstrate strong object-oriented analysis and design skills
- Strong database knowledge, including ANSI SQL, Views and ORM technologies. Should possess a working knowledge of Relational Database set-theory
- Ability to quickly assimilate new technologies, tools, internal/external systems and design frameworks. Strong and broad technology background.
- Ability to think with a security mindset. The successful candidate has a strong IT background with in depth knowledge of several key security practice area: access control; application security; network security; security architecture; security strategy
- Strong knowledge of application architecture, development and secure coding practices.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to interact directly with customers that do not have an IT background.
- Strong presentation skills involving large and of varying IT background audiences.
- Proven ability to work within a large enterprise that spans multiple continents, is governed by change management and has a tiered support model.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.