AVP – Quality Engineering
Location: New York, NY, USARole/Responsibilities:
Objective: The AVP-Quality Engineering manages software testing duties specifically related to test strategy, design and execution. This role provides training and consulting in testing best practices, including automated testing and overall test approaches and design. This role will review test approaches and make recommendations on test strategies and designs that ensure product quality with the most efficient practices. The position will monitor and track assigned work on a day-to-day basis on vendor QA teams. This position also serves as an escalation point for issues encountered during the test process. They will develop test documentation that illustrates test design and approaches and communicate these approaches to management and other relevant stakeholders. Finally, this role will own the collection and analysis of metrics regarding the test testing function on their projects.
Functional Responsibilities : Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Designing and reviewing test strategies and approaches for testing Moody's software. This includes design and recommendation of automated framework design and execution.
- Ensuring thorough coverage of high-risk areas of Moody's software utilizing test automation approaches such as combinatorial, data-driven approaches to testing.
- Reviewing vendor design and execution of test automation strategies and approaches within Moody's and driving improvements.
- Applying knowledge of programming and testing to ensure the highest quality product delivery.
- Reviewing test scripts or test documentation for a variety of financial applications, working with other testers, business analysts, product managers and developers to ensure adequate coverage for each software release.
- Recommending improvements in test approaches and strategies.
- Performing test automation code reviews to ensure adherence to Moody's standards and frameworks.
- Collection and analysis of metrics around QA practices regarding the testing process.
- Recommending and implementing process and strategic improvements in Moody's quality practices.
- Enabling the utilization of the test automation in a continuous integration test environment, and driving the adoption of early automated testing by the project teams.
- Conducting training sessions on test automation with staff within vendor QA organizations and in other departments.
- Making recommendations and striving for constant improvements to ensure most effective testing approaches.
Likely interactions are with vendor Quality Assurance Testers and Leads to collaborate on test approaches and design. Application Development Managers, Technical Leads, Developers and Business Analysts to discuss system functionality and test design. Project Managers and BSM's to discuss project progress and risks.
Software Engineering/Moody's Information Technology
Minimum education and work experience required for this position include:
- A Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in a technical field such as computer science or engineering.
- At least 5 years of test automation skills.
- Expert abilities in at least one of the following programming languages - C#, Java, Ruby.
- Strong skills in SQL.
- Expert ability with Selenium.
- Expert ability with QuickTest Professional.
- Strong skills with SoapUI.
- Experience testing financial systems is a big plus.
- Experience working with test-driven development practices is a big plus.
- Experience managing large teams (5-10) of Quality Assurance staff in a fast-paced
The key competencies for this position include:
- Advanced knowledge of automated testing tools and practices.
- Excellent skills with writing test documentation.
- Strong understanding of both manual and automated testing approaches, including implementation of automation frameworks.
- Strong understanding of database concepts (past experience with TOAD, Rapid SQL, Access).
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle, quality assurance life cycle and testing methodologies.
- Experience managing direct reports, both vendor and Moody's, and a background in addressing staff performance issues.
- Strong understanding of test metrics.
- Strong understanding of risk-based approaches to test design.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to train and mentor staff in the area of testing - both manual and automated.
- Ability to multi-task and display flexibility.
- Ability to lead other testers and work effectively - both in a team environment and independently.
- Ability to create and give presentations that illustrate test design and strategies.
- Knowledge of finance concepts and practices, an understanding of credit rating concepts preferred.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available atwww.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement.Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.