Tradebook Brokerage Technology - Senior C++ Engineers
- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 01 Aug 16
Job Requisition Number:50299
Bloomberg Tradebook is a leading agency broker and technology provider of a cross-asset electronic trading platform that enables equities, futures, options and FX trading around the world. Right now, we're developing real-time black box and algorithmic trading systems, connectivity/FIX solutions and providing direct market connectivity solutions to more than 120 liquidity venues globally. This year, we are building our next generation system which leverages Bloomberg's expertise in data and analytics to optimize algorithmic trading. With high capacity and sub-microsecond latency, the new system will be the foundation for Tradebook's future and help us break into more markets. On our team, you'll be working closely with some of the industry's smartest engineers to shape the future of brokerage technology.
Tradebook implements a high performance technology stack from the ground up, designing efficient data structures and services for business functionality. We're building a highly available system with throughput of millions of messages per second and we're looking for motivated and talented C++ developers to join this effort. If you're someone who exhibits an aggressive drive, a bias towards action, and has a proven aptitude for engineering quality software solutions, Tradebook is the team for you.
We'll trust you to:
- Take ownership of the entire SDLC, from meeting with the business to implementing solutions
- Find opportunities to use new technology and boost performance
- Think outside the box to solve business problems
You need to have:
- A B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Finance or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
We'd love to see:
- Experience with high volume, high availability distributed systems
- An interest in the financial markets
- Familiarity with implementing systems with the FIX Protocol
- Experience with application architecture and design in C/C++ on UNIX
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
To learn more about our product, check out our blog at http://www.bloombergtradebook.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.