Software Infrastructure C++ Developer
- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 01 Aug 16
Job Requisition Number:50239
Every day, over 4,500 developers (and counting) rely on us to build the core foundation required for their applications. We build libraries that touch a wide range of technologies including real-time data-processing infrastructure, application frameworks, communication middleware and development tools. We are engineers who live and breathe high performance, well-factored, scalable and testable code that can mold quickly to new business initiatives.
We build real-time software for high impact systems that is core to the Bloomberg infrastructure. We process market data from around the world, driving the majority of downstream Bloomberg applications. We address the market demand for low-latency solutions by delivering the world's most reliable, timely and accurate financial data.
As an engineer in Software Infrastructure, you'll be valued as not only a technical expert, but also a go-to resource for the company. It's more interesting (and challenging) than you would think having other engineers as your customers. Our users, as well as our managers, are highly technical people.
We'll trust you to:
- Design, architect and develop libraries and software systems
- Write well-tested, robust, performant code in a cross-platform environment
- Take responsibility for the full SDLC from requirements gathering to coding to deployment and maintenance
- Solve highly complex problems while having an appreciation for the scope and impact of your work
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience programming in C++
- A strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of operating system fundamentals
- The ability to work across Linux/UNIX
- Experience working with distributed systems
- Familiarity with network-layer protocols such as TCP/IP and multicast
- An understanding of the entire software stack from the UI layer to databases
- An interest in open source technologies and the latest trends in engineering
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.