Quantitative C++ Developer - 3-5 years experience
- $200,000 (neg) + Bonus + Fund Package
- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Winston fox
- 13 Sep 16
Working for one of the Worlds leading Hedge Funds coding alpha generation algorithms in a super smart and elite team running $4 billion.
This European Hedge Fund is considered one of the World’s leading Equities specialists who consistently returns exceptional results, and currently manages $26Billion in assets. They are a multi-award winning hedge fund in trading, risk management and technology. They offer a stimulating and rewarding environment that is completely meritocratic and based on a learning and continuous personal growth culture. This particular role is part of an expansion of both the New York office and specifically the Systematic Trading desk, which is a small but super smart team of 5 running nearly $4billion, and reporting directly to the Head of Quantitative Trading.
This is a great opportunity to join a small and committed team which has a laid-back environment, horizontal organisational structure and offers an opportunity to be a big contributor to an innovator and leader in the field of systematic equities trading. The role encompasses many facets from data analysis, coding, strategy research, algorithm design, model implementations, risk management and working with other teams such as quant research, execution, risk management, and technology. This is an opportunity to work in an elite team, solving real world and complex trading and technology problems, play a huge part in the profitability of the fund, and be rewarded accordingly.
- Expertise in object-oriented programming in C++ and knowledge of Python
- Experience writing complex and high performance production code
- Experience designing and implementing algorithms
- Experience working on Data Structures
- Working with and Implementing mathematical models
- Experience working with and analyzing large data sets
- A bachelor's or master’s (preferred) degree in computer science or similar
- Advanced knowledge of any of the following topics: multithreaded applications, synchronisation mechanisms, distributed systems or code optimisation
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Interest in financial markets, machine learning, mathematics and statistics
- The ability to think rigorously and independently and cooperate within a small team
- Brilliant problem-solving abilities