Technology Risk & Control Engineer
- Brooklyn, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 26 Sep 16
Technology Risk & Control Engineer
JPMorgan Chase & Co . (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Establishing and maintaining world-class internal controls is a key objective of JPMC and for the Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB) division. This is an opportunity to be a part of building CIB's Technology Risk and Controls Group into a world class, highly effective Risk Practices team, whose mission expands the full Technology Risk Spectrum. You will be building a new discipline into the Risk Management team culture by defining a set of key Data Driven Business Processes (BPE), leveraging the firm's control activity and data for delivering a stronger control assurance with empirical results.
The Risk and Control Engineer is responsible for delivering timely and accurate CIB control process analysis, design and acceptance in support of transforming CIB Risk and Controls Management function. This individual will assist in driving this strategy through partnering with the LOB Oversight & Control and Cyber Security teams. Core responsibilities include effectively managing a wide array of process modeling work streams and implementation of the CIB O&C measurement, analytics and reporting functions, primarily focused on risk identification and controls monitoring for consolidated CIB and CIB LOB Controls reporting. Successful execution of responsibilities requires strong influencing, partnering, and communication skills interacting across the CIB Control teams and with the Corporate Control Room. Responsible for developing, refining and automating the business processes providing data and analysis to Business Units, Control Officers, and Information Risk Manager related to technology controls.
- Engage with the LOB Control Teams and CIB Central Support Program teams to identify risk and control management processes - this includes role, activity, dependency, technology and stakeholder identification
- Identify opportunities to improve the overall delivery service process - reduce cycle time, manual processes and man hours
- Assist in designing a comprehensive business process model for risk and control management activity functions
- Assist in the architecture of strategic measurement and reporting business process platforms to support the needs of the CIB LOB
- Partner with Technology Development teams on the design, build and delivery of new systems
- Prepare senior management/executive presentations - reporting project performance, recommendations, and analytical results
- Identify, document, and communicate data integrity/quality issues and data capture gaps
- Provide consultative support for existing process management, documentation and performance management tools
- Project/program activities include preparing data, creating documentation, and resolving data related issues
- Proactively research best practices and learns new technologies and systems to advance knowledge of reporting and analysis
- BA/BS required; IT or Computer Science focus preferred
- Proficient analytical skills with a minimum of 5 years' experience
- Strong problem solving skills with advanced knowledge and ability to build tools, spreadsheets, databases and presentations
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, to both peer groups and senior management
- Intermediate to advanced process modeling methodologies such as BPMN
- Experience in logical data modeling, highly desired
- Demonstrated experience in large enterprise environment and controls monitoring function a plus
- Experience in effective presentation/visualization of data analytics and reporting
- Proven ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail to meet changing demands and work under deadline constraints
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to positively interact within all levels of the organization
- Self-motivated and highly responsive with proven ability to take initiative and work successfully both independently and with a team