Manager – Product Marketing - 529/College Savings Marketing
- Short Hills, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 15 Aug 17
Working with the Director of Retirement and College Saving Marketing, with key input from Sales and U.S. Marketing teams, this position will play a vital role in the leading development and positioning of Franklin Templeton’s college savings marketing and program efforts.
Franklin Templeton Investments is a leading global investment management organization due to the efforts of our greatest assets - our employees. We have over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world, servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. We believe in our corporate values of putting clients first, building relationships, achieving quality results, and working with integrity. Our people are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners.
For more than 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people. We’re currently looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
In a quickly evolving world, a college education is becoming increasingly important. Are you ready to help people achieve their college dreams? If so, we would like to have you on the Franklin Templeton team. We are looking for someone who will enthusiastically take ownership of 529/College Savings marketing initiatives.
Working with the Director of Retirement and College Saving Marketing, with key input from Sales and U.S. Marketing teams, this position will play a vital role in the leading development and positioning of Franklin Templeton’s college savings marketing and program efforts. This will be a dynamic, multi-faceted role that will focus on both the advisor-sold (FT529) and the direct-sold (NJBEST) 529 plans. The perfect candidate will be a strategic thinker and team leader who displays the following characteristics:
A relentless focus to understand multiple client-types and meet their individual needs in an effort to drive engagement and conversion;
A passion for creating compelling content;
An ability to manage multiple projects while staying focused on key business goals;
A willingness to pursue “what if” questions.
Develop a fully integrated marketing plan to drive success for both of the advisor-sold and direct-sold 529 college saving programs including client analysis, material development, and campaign management. Present the annual plan to senior management for approval and communicate the plan to all stakeholders so they understand and can help execute.
Develop compelling, industry leading content to drive client engagement. Content includes thought leadership, brochures, web, email, advertising, and presentations.
Collaborates across functions and silos to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet the business objectives at the lowest possible cost.
Work closely with the marketing, sales, and data insights partners to define the key priorities and metrics.
Implement an editorial calendar and organization workflows
Develop key success metrics for and evaluate effectiveness of initiatives through regular analysis of quantitative results and qualitative feedback. Use findings to enhance future marketing efforts.
Maintain awareness of the 529 college savings marketplace including competitors and regulatory issues, Identify product marketing opportunities based on industry trends, current market environment and competitive advantages.
Foster strategic partnerships by working with members of the New Jersey Higher Education Student Assistance Authority (HESAA) and serve as a liaison to New Jersey-based educational and non-profit organizations, coordinating sponsorship, event attendance and public relations activities.
Maintain strong and collaborative working relationships with internal business partners (Sales, Portfolio Management, Corporate Communications, Transfer Agency, Advertising, and Legal, among others).
- 7+ years experience in financial services marketing (preferably mutual funds), marketing communications or product marketing.
- Strong knowledge of both the retail and direct channels in the asset management industry.
- 3 or more years of specific experience with investments/mutual funds or 529 college savings plans.
- Proven track record of developing and executing successful marketing campaigns
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to write compelling marketing content
- Understanding of financial markets, mutual funds and the financial services industry preferred
- Strong project management and organizational abilities
- Self-starter who can work independently or with minimal supervision
- Experience working with cross-functional and multi-channel teams (e.g., sales/marketing, client service, management, legal, performance, and graphics)
- Knowledge and experience with print, web, email and multimedia marketing
- A true team player, translating prior knowledge and experience into strong and productive relationships internally and externally
- Knowledge of regulatory and industry rules, guidelines, and standards strongly desired (SEC, FINRA)
- This job will require local state-based travel periodically; must have their own personal vehicle
Highlights of our benefits include:
* Three weeks paid time off the first year
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
* Employee Stock Investment Program
* Tuition Assistance Program
* Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at www.franklintempletoncareers.com to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.