Java Low-Latency Developer
- North Brunswick, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo US
- 29 Sep 16
Wells Fargo Securities Technology is looking for a a Senior Engineer. The candidate would be actively engaged in architecture, design, d...
Wells Fargo Securities Technology is looking for a a Senior Engineer. The candidate would be actively engaged in architecture, design, development, unit testing, and stress testing of very high-end primarily Java based Electronic Trading applications, and be a key participant in a small, focused and highly talented delivery team for front office trading development. The Electronic Trading application suite, built on common foundational frameworks, will be used to deliver sophisticated and complex front office trading solutions, and opportunities exist across multiple asset-classes, including Fixed Income, FX and Equities. The candidate will be expected to solve software, and infrastructure problems in relation to complex trading processes, design and develop extreme automated stress testing harnesses, recommend and implement solutions, participate in and conduct code review sessions, and provide process improvements. The candidate will additionally be expected to provide hands on technical support, advice, and consultation with open issues relating to supported applications plus assure quality, performance, security, trading risk controls, and compliance for those application platforms. Domain expertise in Fixed Income, FX and/or Equities, coupled with hands-on experience in building electronic trading platforms and/or components is a huge plus.Talent Must have Qualities
- Experience in building electronic trading systems to trade multiple asset classes in Fixed Income, FX and Equities.
- High performance server-side programming techniques in Java.
- Steeped in core computer science in areas of data structures, algorithms, and graph theory.
- Skilled in development object oriented software.
- Capability of conducting enterprise wide research, proof-of-concept, and evaluation of new technologies relevant to electronic trading.
10+ years of Java experience
5+ years of Linux experience
5+ years of UNIX experience
5+ years of Low Latency systems development or implementation experience
5 + years of experience supporting electronic trading (etrading) platforms
4+ years of securities industry experience
7+ years of application development and implementation experience
Big Data experience
Fixed Income experience
Advanced experience in capital markets business and processes
Basic knowledge and understanding of mathematical modeling
Basic knowledge and understanding of SEC, FNRA, and international regulations for building technological solutions
- Strong knowledge of Java programming (Low-latency Java i.e. Garbage Collection elimination etc.)
- Strong knowledge of multi-core / multi-threading concepts and paradigms
- Strong knowledge of UNIX/LINUX
- Strong knowledge of core computer science design concepts
- Experience working on low latency high-throughput transactional systems
- Background in e-trading (SOR/Algo/EMS/MarketData) and (electronic market making in fixed income products)
- C/C++ programming skills.
- Python programming skills.
- High performance computing.
- Data Modeling experience.
- Internal Operating Systems knowledge.
- Big Data integration approach and implementation.
- Infrastructure (Server, storage and networking) knowledge.
- Pre-Trade Quantitative Analysis for electronic trading.
- High-Speed server-side Market Data technology.
- Extensive experience in the capital markets business and processes, e.g. - pricing of derivatives, trade lifecycle, electronic trading/algorithmic trading.
- Working knowledge of SEC, FNRA and International Regulations in building technological solutions
- Person should be able to communicate with the stakeholders of the application and technology peers to deliver the functionality. Should be team player.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Insurance Act.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. © 2013 Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. All rights reserved. Member FDIC.