Sr. Java /Hadoop Developer
- Newark, NJ, USA
- Contract, Full time
- The Resource Collaborative
- 06 Sep 16
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented Senior Java Developer, with extensive J2EE experience, to join the professional team supporting the fixed income business of our client, a large fixed income asset management firm. You will have the opportunity to bring your technical prowess and learn the business in-depth, as well as learn new technologies.
THIS IS A LEAD ROLE - MUST HAVE LEAD /MENTORING EXPERIENCE
THIS IS A LONG-TERM CONSULTING ROLE!
Your primary responsibility will be enhancing and supporting internally developed custom applications. You will be relied upon for your Java, Hadoop and MongoDB experience and your ability to execute/deliver and mentor others. You will be part of a team that works with Business Analysts, Investment Professionals, Operations, Quality Assurance Testers and other System Professionals.
The qualified candidate must:
- Analyze business requirements then design & develop applications to support them, suggesting the innovative use of newer technologies where appropriate.
- Understand & follow the complete agile SDLC methodology.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with internal clients & IT co-workers.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Have the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Possess the ability to associate past experience with current events in order to resolve problems or generate new ideas.
- Develop & execute test scenarios ensuring the stability/performance of applications.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience working with Java, Spring MVC framework, HTML, Linux/Unix, Shell Scripting, and RDBMS.
- Minimum of 3 years solid experience w/Hadoop & MongoDB.
- Experience with architecture, design & development of Big Data & Data Marts utilizing Hadoop and/or in-memory databases such as MongoDB.
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence, Agile development methodology & DevOps is a +.
- Desire to learn the Fixed Income Business.