Sr. Business Analyst - Fixed Income
- Newark, NJ, USA
- Contract, Full time
- The Resource Collaborative
- 06 Sep 16
This is an excellent opportunity to join the talented professional technology team of our client, a large fixed income asset management firm. This group is undergoing many changes and upgrades to their technology providing a terrific environment to contribute your technical prowess, learn new technologies and be a part of exciting growth of the firm and your career.
THIS IS IN THE TECHNOLOGY GROUP NOT OPERATIONS
The Business Analysis Group is responsible for supporting various initiatives across the Fixed Income investment group with an emphasis on understanding the project(s) requirements from the business perspective and to ensure those requirements are translated into the appropriate functional deliverables. This role liaises with IT and Business Stakeholders in supporting project implementation, documenting and validating system requirements, identifying and recommending solutions for improving existing processes and technology needs that will enable the Business Stakeholders to achieve their goal(s).
The group supports the following business areas: Portfolio Management and Analysis, Operations, Compliance, Client Services and Credit Research Performance Reporting. The group leads/participates in 1) Technology projects 2) Infrastructure upgrades 3) Process Improvements 4) Strategic Business Initiatives. The size and scope of projects may vary from small, tactical requests to large, strategic implementations, technical or non-technical efforts. The team is also responsible for providing general production support for the firm’s systems and processes across the various user groups.
- Collaborate with business groups to define solutions to business needs. This includes eliciting, analyzing and documenting business requirements, identifying multiple approaches, making recommendations and facilitating brainstorming and requirement walk-through sessions.
- Partner with the Technology team. Analyzing and documenting systems / report design requirements which can include technical specifications, pseudo code, database table design, diagramming business process flows; in order to validate that the system solution meets the business need.
- Conducting project related tests which include: developing detailed test plans, test cases and expected results; conducting tests; evaluating and documenting results.
- Develop subject matter expertise on the trading, performance/attribution and risk analytics platforms.
- Provide on-going support and troubleshooting production and test issues to perform root cause analysis, reconciliations, recommending corrective action and leading the resolution efforts.
- Taking deep analytical dives on data while being able to conceptualize, synthesize and critically evaluate gathered information, and communicate findings and recommendations.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Undergraduate (B.S.) degree in Finance, Economics, Business, or Information Systems is preferred.
- Minimum of 6+ years experience in the Financial Industry
- Solid knowledge and experience with one or more of the following: structured securities including ABS, MBS, CDO, CLO, and OTC derivatives including TR Swaps, CDS, FX Swaps & Options.
- In-depth understanding of various Fixed Income instruments and their analytics, characteristics and benchmarks with proven knowledge of Derivatives and its processes is required.
- Candidate must have highly developed analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skill sets. Position requires the ability to quickly trouble shoot issues and think outside the box.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and connect the dots, as well as demonstrate drive, resourcefulness, and personal ownership of assignments.
- Ability to work independently is critical, as is the ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment and actively participate in assessing impact of requested changes on existing processes.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and comfortable working with all levels of an organization’s technology and business groups.
- Proficient with MS Excel, MS Word, MS Visio and PowerPoint. Prior experience with JIRA and Confluence is a plus.
- Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience is preferred.
- Must be highly proficient in data manipulation and writing SQL queries.
- Hands-on experience with any investment / trading system, or performance attribution system is a plus.