Manager Sanctions Compliance - Antiboycott and Controls
- Newark, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 01 Sep 16
Please view Job Description for details.
This role supports Financial Crime Compliance ("FCC") Sanctions Compliance Americas leadership in the management of Antiboycott Compliance. Act as escalation point of contact for referrals from SCB's global Trade Operations pertaining to potential boycott requests, serve as SCB's subject matter expert on antiboycott compliance matters, and provide advice and guidance on antiboycott rules and regulations.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
This role will lead a team of approximately two (2) analysts responsible for review and determination on reportability of transactions/issues containing boycott requests escalated by SCB's global Trade Operations. Liaise with BIS OAC as needed. In addition, the Manager, Antiboycott and Controls has oversight of the List Management process and provides guidance and approval for all changes recommended to US MTS STOP sanctions filter screening list. Other responsibilities include liaising with the Manager, FCC Americas Sanctions Compliance Policy & Procedures ensuring Departmental Operating Instructions are accurate, ; engagement with FCC QA, Audit, and the Monitor, as well as providing training to SCB trade operations staff on implementation of antiboycott requirements.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor degree from an accredited institution or relevant work experience
- Advanced degree will be viewed positively
- ACAMS Certification will be viewed positively
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.