Vice President – Reorganization Officer
- $100K to $110K BASE Plus Year End Bonus
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Full time, Permanent
- BNP Paribas
- 20 Feb 17
This role will be supporting Global Prime Services. GPS provides clients an impressive breadth & depth of services including Securities Lending, Synthetic Financing, Global Execution, & Investor Capital Services through a #1 ranked Global Prime Broker platform. BNP Paribas A+ rating, coupled with its large balance sheet, offers clients a stable source of funding. The Corporate Actions Department manages all of BNP Prime Brokerage global positions through the lifecycle of corporate events, on multiple products including Equity & Fixed Income. We service the Prime Brokerage, Fixed Income, SWAPS and Arbitrage clients. The role is within Asset Servicing.
The Prime Services Reorganization VP candidate’s activities will include:
• Experience in summarizing and processing all types of voluntary and mandatory corporate action events while minimizing risk and liabilities to the firm. Risk oversight includes the ability to understand the correlation between trading and client eligibility and taking proper precautions to mitigate counter-broker liabilities.
• Responsible for ensuring that firm Data Enrichment, Proxies, Class Actions, Prospectus Fulfillment and Bankruptcies are handled and processed in a timely and professional manner.
• Liaise with business partners to communicate relevant details of events and associated elections in order to mitigate all potential risk and exposure inherent with the processing corporate events.
• Leverage relationships with custodians and vendors to stay abreast of industry initiatives with the goal of making the process as efficient and riskless as possible.
• Responsibility for appraisals, performance goal setting, training and guidance to staff.
• Work with technology and project teams to bring forward all business initiatives and process improvements.
• Understand complexities of the Prime Broker business and role of Asset Servicing team in ensuring the success of the business.
• Maintenance/Development of management metric reporting covering departmental volumes and risk analysis.
• Review KRI and KPI reporting with operations managers to address bottlenecks and anomalies.
• Work with technology to contribute to the testing of new business releases and/or enhancements before implementation.
• Producing and/or providing information for exception reporting tools and using these tools to spot trends and take corrective actions as necessary.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of relationships with traders and salespersons as well as other BNP Paribas departments and locations.
• Monitoring of g/l firm accounts and daily break reports to ensure timely resolution of all reconciling items.
• 7 - 10 Years specific to domestic and international corporate actions.
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
• Thorough knowledge of financial markets and operations as it pertains to Prime Brokerage business
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Critical thinking
• High level of customer service and communication skills (written and oral)
• Rigorous, good organizational skills and attention to detail
• Able to multi-task and interact with different client bases simultaneously.
• Knowledgeable in DTC, SWIFT Alliance, Euclid, Xcitek Solutions Plus.
• Knowledge of Broadridge BPS processing system