Senior Data Analyst Team Lead
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Sep 16
Senior Data Analyst Team Lead
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The Client Data Platform is one of the top initiatives for the Custody & Fund Services business with the aim of completely re-engineering how data is managed and delivered to clients and client-facing staff, amongst other uses. Given the large scope and elevated visibility of this program, highly talented individuals are being sought to build an effective team that will deliver on this multi-year effort. Given the nature of the program, a strong focus on data governance, principles, and management disciplines is required and candidates who have experience in this domain will be given preference.
The Senior Data Analyst Team Lead will be performing data analysis on several inter-dependent, highly complex data requirements in the Custody and Fund Accounting line of business, while also overseeing a small team of data analysts working on the same program. Successful candidate will have strong analytical and problem solving skills, understanding of trade lifecycle from execution through settlement, familiarity with custodian and fund accounting functions, good knowledge of reference data, and above-average presentation and communication skills.
The Senior Data Analyst Team Lead will work with various Business, Operations and Application Development teams and will need strong partnership skills to gather, understand, document and interpret complex requirements. A core function of the Teal Lead's role and his/her team is to perform data analysis and validation, and work with the Chief Data Science group to perform data profiling. In addition, this candidate will need to define, track and manage various data migration and data quality work streams.
She/he will have responsibility for mapping out data flows end-to-end in various business processes, gathering and analyzing requirements, writing technical and data specifications, and working closely with senior business users and operations leads to validate prior to application development. This role will require involvement in an iterative software development model, requiring agility and flexibility on the part of the analyst to handle requirements changes. Management responsibilities involve overseeing and tracking several parallel work streams amongst different technical and business groups.
Client management is an integral part of the role, and as such the successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating with peer groups, managing working groups, and communicating status to senior technology and business sponsors. Excellent verbal and written communication will be essential for effectiveness in this role.
Role Expectations · Map and analyze multiple data flows across transaction processing, trade settlement, asset servicing, accounting, reference data and portfolio analytics.
· Work with Information Architects to ensure proper Logical Data Models are defined correctly, including a data dictionary that can be used to validate attributes and values.
· Perform detailed analysis of data in source systems against what is being delivered to clients today, followed by comparison against Logical Data Models.
· Orchestrate with Chief Data Science group to perform data profiling to find outliers and exceptions.
· Validate all data attributes and values with Operations or appropriate data owners.
· Produce requirements documents for upstream systems to build new feeds that provide high quality data.
· Collaborate with application development team to build data quality testing rules into the new platform, ensuring that all data received from upstream systems adheres to quality standards.
- Minimum 8 years experience as a data and/or business analyst in the financial services industry.
- Understanding of data profiling, data comparison and data validation techniques.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with ability to demonstrate analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Able to forge productive working relationships with senior business users and business managers.
- Ability to analyze complex cross functional business processes and define integrated requirements.
- Ability to facilitate the design of integrated solutions (process, technical & organizational).
- Can ensure the end to end solution will deliver the required business results.
- Drives adoption of the designed processes and solution use with stakeholders.
- Communicates with business SMEs to ensure expectations are kept in line with project status.
- Creates/revises/executes the following deliverables using industry standard techniques as necessary, including but not limited to: process maps, data flow diagrams, requirements specifications, functional specifications, use case scenarios, acceptance testing.