Quality Assurance Lead Analyst
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 26 Sep 16
Quality Assurance Lead Analyst
JPMorgan Chase & Co (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com www.jpmorganchase.com
The Corporate Technology and Risk Testing & Release Services Quality Assurance (QA) Team evaluates and tests new or modified software applications and software development procedures used to verify that applications function according to technical and functional requirements. We operate as business partners, solving problems together with technology and business teams, driving better cost to service by performing all testing related activities for Investment, Regulatory, and BAU initiatives.
As a Quality Assurance Lead Analyst, you will deliver timely solutions using the best design and implementation tools, including Business Process Management, in order to continuously improve business processes that meet client specifications with minimum defects, on-time, and on-budget. Define and improve IT Technology processes towards recognized industry standards. Bridge the gap between current and desired quality levels by balancing short-term needs with long-term perspectives of success.
- The qualified lead will develop and maintain quality assurance standards and processes and manage quality improvement activities.
- Create common business specific quality measurement frameworks and track improvement against these metrics.
- Develop overall application testing strategy.
- Prioritize testing needs and develop cost estimates, when applicable.
- Ensure that quality assurance-related activities at both the program and project level are appropriately planned and executed.
- Work with Application/Technical Architect and Business/Technical Analysts to ensure that the acceptable range for test results and performance is communicated to the appropriate testing teams.
- Ensure that technology problems are properly documented, and confirm that software defects are addressed.
- Partner with development teams to ensure effective use of methodologies. Establish and maintain working relationships across all businesses, across IT, and between technology team members.
- 5-7+ years of experience in Quality Assurance Testing in a large enterprise environment
- 3+ years of experience leading or managing an on or offshore team
- Experience working in an Agile environment or familiarity with Agile methodology and tools, ability to seamlessly integrate automation solutions with TDD with continuous integration (CI using Jenkins) build.
- Good understanding of SDLC and comprehensive understanding of QA methodologies and process
- Ability to perform impact analysis and risk assessment
- Understanding of XML structure, experience in backend test (webservices, DB)
- Understanding of data relationship, SOA concepts, the integration points and up/downstream dependencies and ability to perform impact analysis
- Ability to coordinate test environments and test data preparation
- Experience in testing web applications and mobile testing methodology
- Design, develop and execute integration, E2E test strategy, test scripts and test cases
- Experience in developing test plan, test scope, test cases and in test execution of enterprise level applications.
- Experience in defect management process, conducting test coverage and defect triage calls and communicating QA status
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced development environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills to be able to interact with all members of the project team including architects, business analysts, systems analysts and project managers.
- Well organized, detailed and process oriented, able to work under minimal supervision and encourage input from all members of the team, collect and analyze information to suggest effective test strategies.
- High energy, results driven person with strong interpersonal skills