Python/Java/C++ Applications Developer
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Sep 16
Python/Java/C++ Applications Developer
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Risk and Finance Technology (RFT) builds and supports the firm's financial infrastructure to ensure Finance professionals have access to the tools and information necessary to deliver drive success. In partnership with Global Finance Operations, Corporate Systems Infrastructure (CSi), and others, we deliver solutions that meet the requirements of our key clients. RFT provides technology support for general ledger, profitability, cost allocations, treasury, accounts payable, reference data, project accounting and fixed assets, and reporting tools and the Risk applications.
Python applications developer who is passionate about technology and has experience developing high performance transaction or reporting systems with large databases and multi-tier architectures; knows how to build and motivate a talented and committed technology team.
The candidate will be on a team of onshore and offshore developers (8-10) supporting the Capital Stress (CCAR/ICAAP/DFAST) Business.
She/he will have responsibility for planning and executing development across the full SDLC. The candidate must have a sound grasp of development best practice and system architecture. She/he will be expected to drive design and architecture discussion across the team and to be responsible for high quality implementation. He/she will plan projects, assign tasks to the development team members and track delivery.
Client management is an integral part of the role, and as such the successful candidate will be responsible for project governance, including managing user groups and communicating status to senior technology and business sponsors. Excellent verbal and written communication will be essential for effectiveness in this role.
- Demonstrates exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication, organizational, and collaboration skills.
- Experience defining and enforcing design and development standards
- Experience working in multi-time zone development team
- Experience with Agile development.
- Deep understanding of Python / Java C#, SOA distributed architecture.
- Expert OO analysis and design skills
- Experience building high volume systems with real-time performance and read and write capabilities.
- Experience developing with Oracle, Sybase, Impala or any other major RDBMS.
- Experience with real-time, event-driven systems and service-oriented architectures.
- Experience with enterprise messaging systems, including message queues and pub/sub
- 5+ years of overall experience with an emphasis on technology
- Strong Python programming skills with prior working experience in Java / C# /C++
- Working experience in Agile, Lean development methodologies and test driven development
- Experience with Service oriented, low latency, high throughput distributed Architecture
- Working knowledge of open source frameworks, tools and technologies such as Spring, Camel, Drools and REST
- Hands-on experience working on any of the messaging technologies such as Websphere MQ/JMS and TIBCO
- Strong knowledge of design patterns and their application in problem solving
- Experience in building and enhancing testing frameworks for automation and regression
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and a dynamic environment
- Capital Markets, Capital Stress (CCAR/ICAAP/DFAST )experience is deisirable