- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 27 Sep 16
JPMorgan Chase & Co . (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset management services. As the Asset Management line of business in JPMorgan Chase & Co., we serve four distinct client groups through three businesses: institutional and retail clients through Investment Management, ultra high net worth clients through the Private Bank, and high net worth clients through Private Wealth Management. With assets under supervision of $1.7 trillion and assets under management of $1.2 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is a leading asset manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match. With clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns, more than 650 investment professionals provides over 200 different strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity and take leadership positions in America, U.K., Continental Europe, Asia, and Japan.
This Associate role for an application developer in the Credit and Mortgage Lending Origination group within Global Wealth Management (GWM) Technology is based out of Columbus, Ohio. The individual has to be hands-on with pulse on the new technology. Responsibilities include but not limited to development and implementation of application software within Global Wealth Management/Private Banking business. Work with established technical specifications to develop and deliver high quality functionality. Work effectively as a member of a team, communicate and interact effectively with project managers, Business Analysts, Developers, Tech leads, Technical operations and users.
- 3+ years of object oriented programming experience (including but not limited to): Core Java, Spring, JMS and JPA
- Experience with full lifecycle software development
- Broad Information Technology experience, including understanding of development tools, processes and best practices of application development
- Relational database experience in designing schema, stored procedures, and views for performance with large data sets
- Familiarity with standard development tools, preferably Eclipse IDE, Subversion and Continuous Integration concepts/tools, is a plus
- Unix command skills
- Knowledge of ExtJS and/or Angular frameworks
- Knowledge of testing frameworks like Mockito library
- Knowledge of Gemfire or Drools is plus
- Exposure to No SQL (a plus)
- Financial experience is a plus
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science