Java Applications Developer Lead
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 27 Sep 16
Java Applications Developer Lead
JPMorgan Chase & Co . (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ .
Corporate Technology & Risk (CTR) delivers streamlined and consistent solutions supporting JPMorgan Chase's Controls, Compliance, Legal, HR and IT Risk agendas, with a focus on stability, delivery, efficiencies and people. The goal of CTR's drive to standardization, consistency and simplicity is a JPMorgan Chase architecture that fosters long-term productivity, quality and innovation across the entire enterprise. The disciplines within this organization are Compliance Technology, Oversight & Controls Technology, Legal & e-Discovery, Identity & Access Management, IT Risk & Controls, HR Real Estate & Global Services Technology, and Third Party Risk Management.
Control System Technology provides strategic application development and production support to 5 firm-wide organizations whose focus is strongly aligned to the firm's enterprise wide control agendas: Oversight and Control, IT Risk Management, Sourcing & Procurement, Global Security & Investigations, and Global Business Resiliency
The Applications Developer Lead will be responsible for the following:
- Utilize multiple programming languages and software technologies to deliver applications that are suitable for use and admissible for controlled processing and provide technical guidance to other team members.
- Manage over a team of 4-5 others.
- Test, modify, and implement application codes.
- Make standard modifications to existing software applications and modules in accordance with high-level specifications, application support and processing control standards.
- Ensure all delivered code/components are in line with JPMC Risk Management requirements.
- Evaluate service level issues and suggest enhancements as required to address any underlying system problems and/or control issues.
- Presenting and demoing to users, stakeholders, and technology groups.
- Create technical design recommendations for developing and integrating programs and regulatory controls per written specifications.
- Ability to influence design and communicate it on difference levels.
- BS degree, preferably in Computer Science / Engineering or similar degree
- Required to have 7+ years experience in Java/J2EE and in developing web services leveraging the Spring framework.
- Must have experience managing over a small to mid size team.
- Knowledge of the following tools and technologies: Java SE, SAX parsing, JUnit,Spring, Jquery, Hibernate, Ant and Maven, Oracle and Hudson.
- Must have programming and application development experience in systems processing in the finance industry.
- Must have experience developing client facing applications and working closely with the support partners