Java/Spring Applications Developer
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 28 Sep 16
Java/Spring Applications Developer
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
This role is within the Risk & Finance Technology division which is focused on building applications which support the daily needs of risk managers and financial professionals inclusive of big-data processing stacks, data management tools, calculators and financial reporting engines, etc.
We are looking for a hands-on senior application developer who wants to be part of an exciting multi-year strategic initiative to develop a next generation finance Datalake and associated processing architecture. This individual will be expected to solve for critical business problems with innovative technology solutions and have responsibility to implement multiple core components of this architecture.
The current finance architecture is shaped by bespoke data access for each function it supports coupled with a large number of user tools to drive the processing required to meet the demands of internal and external reporting stakeholders. JPMC is launching a multi-year initiative to invest in the industrialization of this process and seeking highly qualified candidates to drive this change. Responsibilities of the role include:
- Partner in driving a multi-year strategic initiative that delivers technical solutions which creates a global warehouse that would consume, model and store finance data. Additionally technical solutions will be required for managing the data (data management tools) and processing the data (transforms, validations, aggregations) and reporting/accessing the data
- Follow SDLC best practices such continuous integration, automated unit test and regression testing, etc and focus on end to end quality of the delivery.
- Work collaboratively in a team with fellow developers, sharing ideas to solve complex and challenging business problems.
- Be able to communicate effectively and work closely together with business clients, other technology teams, support partners and stakeholders to deliver and support business aligned solutions.
Basic Technical Qualifications
- 3+ years experience in building out enterprise level applications
- Must have strong hands-on development experience using Java, Spring, JPA/Hibernate, exposing and consuming JSON based RESTful webservice using Spring
- Experience with Spring Boot, Groovy, Gradle a big plus
- Follower of unit testing using Spring and in memory DB
- Focus on long term quality of the software - understanding extensibility and maintenance aspects
- Strong understanding of data modeling
- Strong application design skills
- Strong analytical and communication skills both written and verbal
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
- Experience in end to end release of highly reliable applications including Design, development and testing
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Compute Science/Software Engineering (or related fields).
We are looking for candidates which possess the following:
- Strong work ethic and desire to drive significant impact
- Willingness to challenge the status quo
- An aptitude and interest in both technology and business
- Ability to help business teams understand technology solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Highly motivated. Specifically, being interested in following up on detailed business or technical issues and understanding the functional and technical impact of any change
- Willingness to take initiative and work independently.
- Confidence & Influence - Someone who shows the potential to influence and motivate others
Desired l Skills
- Big data experience - Hadoop, Spark, etc.
- Experience with SQL - Oracle or similar RDBMS
- Experience in financial services industry