Full Stack Developer - Software Ninja
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Sep 16
Full Stack Developer - Software Ninja
The Cybersecurity organization within JPMorgan Chase & Co. provides security services to all lines of business (LOB) across JPMC. The objective of Cybersecurity is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services including Security Standards, Monitoring & Protection, Assurance & Awareness, and Security Operations. Cybersecurity is designed to address the JPMC global security needs across all LOBs and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
The Cybersecurity Enterprise Architecture Team translates security requirements into system qualities (e.g., tenets) and then into repeatable design strategies and patterns. We include a Solutions Incubation function specifically to prove out new patterns by evaluating vendor products, building technical prototypes and providing clear migration paths to fully productionized platforms for ownership by the Cybersecurity Engineering and Operations teams.
Cybersecurity Solutions Incubation professionals possess deep research and analysis expertise, shaping research, analysis and insights that enable transformational impact through identification, development and implementation of proprietary and innovative ideas.
Here, our people thrive on creating new opportunities: envisioning solutions that make technology useful to real customers; understanding the business challenges, system integration as well as complex security integration scenarios while applying research and new technology to solve those problems.
You will bring a background of entrepreneurship to have a global impact by incubating and launching new initiatives. We connect big ideas with the technical chops to back up and deliver on the valuable insights our people bring to the table every day.
We are seeking a Java or .NET development SME to define & prototype new libraries, core functions and integration code as part of the Solutions Incubation team. These components will integrate with existing code bases, potential new vendor products and front end usable prototypes to demonstrate the achievability of new strategies for more efficient and effective operation of the Security functions.
In this role, you will research & validate cutting edge technologies by diving into the full stack to build pilots for our clients. You will design enterprise scale platforms, build APIs, web apps, data processing architectures and more. From database schema design to tweaking CSS to make that page "just right", you will touch all aspects of the stack.
The successful candidate will be a strong technologist with pragmatic view and creative mind, willing to risk failure, invest personally in attempting success, and be characterized by a constant desire to understand new and better solutions, tinker with existing and new technology, and admit mistakes and dead ends early. The developer is expected to lead through applied demonstration of excellence, providing rapid implementation of the key concepts and ideas in a variety of vendor and in house developed prototypes and production pilots.
The Solutions Incubation team will include dedicated user experience and product integration expertise, and leverage technical SMEs as required from the Data, Cloud, Software and Core Service security architecture teams. The team will work with the Cybersecurity architecture, engineering and product teams, and with all Line of Business (LOB) Information Security Officer organizations in JPMC.
- Rapidly assess stakeholder requirements, prototype and iterate solutions, and provide demonstrated prototype & pilot implementations for security product interactions
- Partner with production development and engineering teams to gather and understand existing integration points, APIs and data models
- Partner with software, cloud, data protection and core service security architecture teams to identify and validate strategic technology approach
- Prototype and demonstrate core service interfaces and architecture for target state solutions
- Enhance current gen and deliver next gen core components for integrated software , cloud, data protection and core service security automation
- Incubate delight in hostile sands
- Demonstrated portfolio of rapid prototyping, solution delivery and transition to production acceptance
- Experience with cloud services - e.g AWS, Azure, IBM SoftLayer and Google - highly beneficial
- 7-10+ years of progressive experience in designing & developing robust service oriented codebases and end user facing interfaces
- Demonstrable experience of successful execution from process design to large scale implementation and support (40k users+)
- Demonstrated ability to investigate and learn new technologies and products
- Active open source project or design framework/patterns contribution or other continuous learning examples in the user experience or security spheres
- A deep love of solving performance, scaling and distributed service interaction challenges
- Possess the ability to rapidly assimilate business strategies, coupled with the insight to seize high impact opportunities by applying creative problem solving solutions
- Experience of working in a matrixed organization, achieving goals through partnership and collaboration