EAI Bus Onboarding Analyst
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 29 Sep 16
EAI Bus Onboarding Analyst
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) serves as the central provider of technology infrastructure to JPMorgan Chase. GTI has launched a major, intensive, multi-year effort to improve and enhance the support of application messaging and integration services on behalf of JPMC's Lines of Business (LOB's). In conformance with GTI's Service Delivery model for distributed systems, a cross-tower team (GTI Messaging) is being developed and empowered to support this effort.
Global Technology Infrastructure Compute Services (GTI Compute Services) is responsible for managing the firm's global server and storage portfolio's across plan, build and operate functions. The organization is transforming into a Managed Services provider for JPMC and drives product management, engineering standards and productivity initiatives in support of the Managed Services. Within GTI, GTI Service Delivery drives product management, engineering standards and productivity initiatives for the messaging infrastructure (e.g. IBM MQ, message bus) as well as other distributed systems technologies.
The message bus onboarding analyst will act as an SME to work with our clients (application development teams) who currently utilize or wish to onboard to our services. They will work closely with the clients through all stages of the onboarding lifecycle and are responsible for the end to end onboarding of clients. The primary interactions will be with business analysts, operation analysts, project managers and application development teams globally.
Responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
- Provide Subject Matter Expert(SME) support for message bus on distributed systems (Linux)
- Assist application development teams with onboarding onto message bus
- Support client application testing and assist with troubleshooting message bus infrastructure issues as it relates to the onboarding work.
- Document and enhance runbook procedures
- Work closely with the operate, engineering and other infrastructure teams
- Automate manual procedures
- 3+ years of messaging infrastructure support / client onboarding experience on distributed systems
- Technical background - ability to participate in technical discussions and to learn new technical concepts quickly
- Experience with delivering quality, secure messaging solutions to Lines of Business.
- Experience with developing scripts/code resulting in automation of manual procedures
- Hands on experience with SSL
- Strong analytical skills in troubleshooting messaging environment problems on distributed systems
- Ability to work with groups across a large organization
- Strong communication skills
- Hands on experience with distributed systems and the ability to troubleshoot at the OS level