E-Discovery Ops Tech Ops Analyst
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 29 Sep 16
E-Discovery Ops Tech Ops Analyst
JPMorgan Chase & Co . (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ .
JP Morgan Chase is currently seeking an experienced eDiscovery Associate with Litigation/eDiscovery, Project, Business Analysis, and/or database experience to join their eDiscovery Operations Delivery Services team.
The successful candidate should have strong subject matter expertise in any one, or basic knowledge on more than one of the duties and responsibilities described below (Process Improvement, Project Management, Business Analysis)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the continuous improvement of eDiscovery operational processes globally, including request processing, research, preservation, collection and delivery.
- W ork in collaboration with IT, Business Areas and Legal to identify opportunities where value-added services and systems can provide significant business benefit.
- Recommend controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures.
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Analyze business processes and draft requirements.
- Develop and verify detailed business requirements
- Lead joint requirements sessions with business users and technology
- Uncover and document end to end processes (current and target state)
- Conduct reviews of completed requirements with business and technology and facilitate approval
- Review, understand, and approve functional documents
- Identify and resolve project related risks
- Assist in the development of internal training and communication materials
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment
Knowledge and Experience
The successful candidate should have knowledge and experience on some of the following
- Bachelor's Degree, Technical Degree, or equivalent work experience
- 5 or more years' experience in Business Analysts, technology, product management, or project management
- Proven ability to write clear, unambiguous, measureable business requirements
- Proven ability to communicate effectively between business users and technology partners
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Self-motivated, organized, team oriented person to manage workflow recover data, with the ability to resolve multiple confidential/sensitive, time-critical, and competing priorities and projects.
- Intermediate knowledge of the inner workings of SQL, Oracle, and SharePoint
- Understanding of firm change management processes and procedures (SDLC, etc.) and experience working in a secure environment with sensitive data, including PII.
- Strong, rapid decision-making with transparency, courage and candor.