Assistant Vice President - OFAC/Financial Sanctions Investigator
- AVP Level
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Full time, Permanent
- BNP Paribas
- 17 Aug 17
US Financial Security, which comprises Compliance advisory & operational functions governing the management of AML, KYC, OFAC & EU & other related regulatory compliance risks, is a significant component of the US Corporate & Institutional Bank’s Compliance Department. Located in Jersey City, USFS advisory & operations personnel work closely with other US, Canada & Latin America CIB Compliance Department colleagues, Americas Compliance peers at Bank of the West, First Hawaiian Bank and Investment Partners to form an FS community, and in particular notably partner with representatives from Information Technology and Operations to measure, manage & control specific FS-related compliance risks.
• Provide advice to various lines of business on sanctions regulations and internal sanctions policies.
• Investigate and decision alerts from transactional, static data, client onboarding and other filtering processes. Thoroughly document and maintain related investigation files.
• Ensure escalation of significant sanctions-related matters to the OFAC Compliance group head.
• Perform ad hoc investigations and analysis in support of voluntary disclosures to OFAC and any regulatory enquiries, and as requested.
• Assist with coordination of materials for internal and external OFAC/sanctions-related examinations.
• Keep abreast of sanctions regulatory developments and of internal sanctions policies.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Comply with applicable BNPP policies governing employee work and conduct.
• 5 + of experience in a financial services industry or regulatory environment; at least 3 years in OFAC/ Financial Sanctions compliance.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Accounting, Finance, Legal, Economics or related discipline.
• Must possess strong:
o Analytical skills to review and analyze OFAC inquiries and hits for resolutions.
o Investigative skills for potential OFAC violation and trend
o Computer skills including MS Office Suite particularly MS Excel
o Written and oral presentation skills
o Strong understanding of corporate governance and the OFAC regulatory environment
• Ability to:
o Understand the importance of privileged and confidential information
o Manage multiple projects and meet timely deadlines
• Master’s Degree a plus.