Application Development Director- CCB Risk & Finance
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 29 Sep 16
See job description for details
The Global Risk and Finance Technology organization's charter is to build scalable systems and a resilient infrastructure that meet shared requirements and objectives for the firm: robust data quality and management; technology architecture and operating models; and new regulatory reporting requirements, including those related to the firm's Basel risk data integration, risk reporting principles, comprehensive capital analysis, and recovery and resolution programs.
As part of this organization, Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) Risk and Finance Technology is providing functional support to the CCB's Chief Risk Officer and Chief Finance Officer Organizations. The candidate will be joining a global team of developers who will build and support a suite of enterprise applications.
The candidate will be leading a team of technologists who will be providing centralized data services to various initiatives that are underway within the CCB Risk and Finance Technology organization - leveraging existing strategic platform and expand, where needed, for capabilities like operational stores and data access layer.
Individual filling the role will have end to end program management and delivery responsibilities. Candidate will work collaboratively with all participants including internal and external dependency teams. Candidate will work closely with Business and Technology Management to initially define and continuously refine strategic roadmap. Candidate will be accountable to Business and Technology Management for end to end application scoping, planning, development, implementation and post-implementation maintenance and support. Candidate will also be responsible for his/her staff in their performance, development and career management processes.
- develop holistic data consumption, generation and distribution requirements within the CCB Risk & Finance technology roadmaps
- develop end to end application implementation plan including business requirements, functional specification, development strategy, staffing requirements and integration with external components
- provide strategic technology directions in order to ensure required level of functionality and performance expectations are met, and to manage risk, improve reliability, ensure compliance with risk policy and audit requirements.
- provide hands-on guidance in implementation of chosen technology stack
- ensure quality of deliverables, set development standards in areas of code quality, test coverage, monitoring, logging, exception management, and others.
- collaborate and build relationships with other development teams, operate and operations partners, and business clients.
- establish and regularly manage financial and staffing plans to deliver on schedule and within budget
- establish and regularly update, multi-year strategic target state platform
- drive annual planning process
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science or related field
- Over 7 years of relevant end to end development life cycle experiences with primary focus on data management including, but not limited to, data warehousing, data distribution, data modeling and data quality management.
- Experiences in consumer banking industry a major plus
- Solid experience with analytical and reporting tool development (e.g. pricing or risk management platform, what-if analytics, rules-based platform, SAS, BI, etc.)
- Strong technical skills (J2EE, database, "big data", modeling and design)
- Strong dedication, innovation and drive for excellence
- Experience managing offshore/onshore model and mentoring less experienced team members.
- Strong project management and team management skills e.g. planning, budgetary control, people management etc.
- Ability to lead, delegate, motivate, and support resources to achieve high delivery demands.
- Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills.