Technical Support Analyst
Location: Omaha, NE, USAObjective : Provide technical services to internal customers by identifying, prioritizing, and confirming resolution of reported problems within specified service level agreements. Ensuring that the company MIT values are demonstrated in all day to day activities in order to meet business needs.
Functional Responsibilities: Specific responsibilities for this position include:
• Providing end-user support of local and remote client computers, printers, telephones, mobile devices, other approved devices and their related software/configurations.
• Facilitating problem solving and collaboration with various technical teams including managed service providers and vendors.
• Participate in group wide discussions and assisting with the decision making process to bring issues to closure.
• Produce well-written technical and business documentation, such as knowledge-based articles and standard operating procedures.
• Providing technical support in a Windows and Mac environment.
• Participating in project implementation, occasionally leading moves, upgrades, and migrations.
• Proactive in identifying process improvements within the ITIL, Agile and Waterfall methodology.
• Monitoring individual metrics to manage adherence to defined KPIs and ticket governance
• Providing timely follow-up to users and management on all support issues encompassing all phases of end user support.
• Soliciting feedback from the business lines and individual users in order to improve service levels and customer satisfaction.
• Reporting on root-cause analysis where there have been significant problems - explaining what happened, why and what preventative measures have been put in place to avoid a repeat.
• Providing Smart Hands support and vendor escorts for as required.
Scope/Supervision and Interaction:
Role exposed to heavy customer interaction. Frequently interacts with supervisors and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
Minimum education and work experience required for this position include:
• Bachelor's Degree.
• 5 years' experience working on Server, Desktop and\\or Help Desk support
• ITIL Foundation certification high desirable.
The key competencies for this position include:
• A good understanding of Moody's business and overall IT operations.
• The ability or the potential to take on higher level responsibilities.
• Demonstrated group leadership and the willingness to take on leadership roles.
• Must be perceived as a team player and a positive contributor by his peers.
• Demonstrated willingness to go beyond the normal job requirements.
• The ability to complete all tasks and projects in a timely manner
• The ability to complete assigned calls effectively and efficiently within the established SLA time period
• Demonstrated responsibility and ownership of his/her business units
• The ability to conduct themselves in a mature and professional manner towards clients and co-workers (accountability, use of good judgment, provide proper follow-up)
• Good organizational skills and excellent demonstrated troubleshooting and crisis management abilities.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with business users at all levels in the organization.
• Known as a motivated individual contributor with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook).
• Comfortable with imaging software such as SCCM\\PXE, familiarity with windows installer and desktop management suites such as SCCM.
Experience with Mobile and Audio/Visual technologies
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.