Associate Director - Software Engineer Specialist
Location: Omaha, NE, USARole/Responsibilities:
The Associate Director - Software Engineer Specialist fulfills the following responsibilities with little to no guidance, and also leads others in these activities:
• Act as Dev Lead for a stream.
• Oversee, mentor, and train team consisting of full time and contractual employees.
• May be a direct line manager for a small team.
• Collaborate with Business Analysts to interpret requirements for Business Missions/Epics owned by the stream.
• Provide feedback on requirements from a technical perspective, and provide estimates for user stories and tasks.
• Lead design activities for Business Missions/Epics owned by the stream.
• Take ownership of business missions/epics and stories; Implement and test features based on the requirements.
• Define and maintain coding standards, and guide team members to comply with these standards.
• Collaborate with quality assurance engineers to fix defects.
• Collaborate with build and release engineers to prepare packages and solve environment issues.
• Investigate and find the root cause for software problems reported by clients. Communicate with clients via email and phone regarding these defects.
• Maintain technical documents.
• Review code, lead refactoring activities, provide guidance from technical perspective for all SE members of a stream.
• Work with more senior team members to continuously improve our engineering practices
• Conduct training sessions and knowledge sharing in or cross the teams.
Enterprise Risk Solutions
• Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related major from top institutions, Masters degree is a plus.
• Deep understanding of Object Oriented design and development
• 5+ years of professional software design and development experience on multi-tiered enterprise applications.
• Proficient in data access techniques for both relational and NoSQL databases
• Experience filling a lead role on a team that uses agile processes, including SCRUM, Continuous Build and Integration, etc.; suggests and implements process improvements for a stream
• Quickly learns new technologies; is motivated to learn latest technologies, drive own professional development and shares this knowledge with others
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to lead a stream
• Works well in a fast-paced team environment; able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
• Has superb analytical and problem solving skills
• Expert in Visual Studio
• Familiar with Development Platforms: Microsoft Windows, Linux.
• Expert in Application Servers: IIS
• Competent in Application Frameworks & Engines: ASP.NET and Angular.js
• Familiar with Databases: SQL, Postgresql, etc.
• Competent in Others: Rally, Perforce
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available atwww.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement.Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.